IGNORED

Comlynx

Clock

Just buy 2 2.5mm jack plugs and a 2 wire cable, iex 1 wire with a schield wire.

Then just solder the pins 1on1 of the plugs.. it's as simple as that..

conn_teleph35sm.gif

Don't connect the pins that show "L" on the picture!!!! It's a +5v line. If you do this, you could damage you're lynxes!.

Only connect "Ground" and "R" 1on1.

If you want to connect more plugs to the cable just solder an extra cable into 1 plug paralell to the other wires. etc... etc... can go up to 18 players i've read. but i only made one for 8 players for my self..

Checkered Flag and California games are great fun!!

Comlynx Rulez!

Bjorn

Hello!

Just buy 2 2.5mm jack plugs and a 3 wire cable, iex 2wires with a schield wire.  

Then just solder the pins 1on1 of the plugs.. it's as simple as that..  

I wouldn't connect the +5V-signals (at the top of the jack, marked as "L" in the GIF). The Atari-ComLynx-cable uses 2 wires as well.

Regards

Matthias

Telegames (http://www.telegames.co.uk), has them for sale for £4.99.

but p&p is about £4.

I agree, I have only seen 1 comlynx on ebay.co.uk in last 6 months.

I just got a second lynx, have 2 copies of Checkered Flag, Cyberball and CGs.

Are there anyother good two players games anyone would recommend?(apart from warbirds and xenophobe)

cheers

Bruce

Hello!

Telegames (http://www.telegames.co.uk), has them for sale for £4.99.

but p&p is about £4.  

I agree, I have only seen 1 comlynx on ebay.co.uk in last 6 months.

If you can live without the nice Atari box you can search in electronic

stores/webshops for the cable. Here in Germany you can find them at several vendors for less than 50 Euro-cent.

I just got a second lynx, have 2 copies of Checkered Flag, Cyberball and CGs.

Are there anyother good two players games anyone would recommend?(apart from warbirds and xenophobe)

cheers

Bruce

Yes:

Championship Rally (Songbird Productions), a racing game.

Also Othello (Harry Dodgson, have forgotten which company sells it)

supports ComLynxing i think.

Regards

Matthias

RoboSquash is also a good comlynxed game :)

What about Zarlor Mercenary and Xybots?

I tried to play these 2 games comlynxed but had problems : Zarlor Mercenary was freezing on both Lynx systems about 30 seconds after game start and Xybots wouldn't even see that the 2 lynx were comlynxed :(

These are the only 2 games that didn't work fine comlynxed for me.

I tried to play these 2 games comlynxed but had problems : Zarlor Mercenary was freezing on both Lynx systems about 30 seconds after game start and Xybots wouldn't even see that the 2 lynx were comlynxed :(

Strange. I never had problems with these games. Maybe you have some problems with the plugs and/or cables?

Tschau,

Sage

The first 2 posts are confusing me. Do I link like for like all 3 connections on a stereo 2.5mm phone plug or do I do as Matthias suggests which I think he means just link 2 of the connections like for like and leave the end part unconnected (open circuit)? Or is it another way?

The first 2 posts are confusing me. Do I link like for like all 3 connections on a stereo 2.5mm phone plug or do I do as Matthias suggests which I think he means just link 2 of the connections like for like and leave the end part unconnected (open circuit)? Or is it another way?

My post says 2 wires.. keep the end part unconnected...

Strange. I never had problems with these games. Maybe you have some problems with the plugs and/or cables?

Tschau,

Sage

My wife and I have played Xybots together. It's pretty fun. I'm not sure how it compares to other Comlynxed games because that's the only one we've tried, but we liked it. Maybe I'll teach her to play Rampart...

Hello!

If i remember correctly the chipset provides separated Rx and TX signals, but they are connected before they reach the ComLynx-socket. This "trick" allows to connect more than just 2 devices to communicate via ComLynx, but also prevents us from connecting the Lynx easily to standard peripherals like Modems (Whoms software isn't aware of the

strange "echoing" effect such tied together RX and TX lines create).

Has ever someone tried to add a normal DSUB9-socket to the Lynx

to connect it to such "standard" devices?

Matthias

• 3 weeks later...

Bruce

This is why ;)

You're right, Warbirds is a great game, especially comlynxed, it's simple, fun and addictive! Certainly one of the best comlynxed games (I still have to try Battlewheels to choose which one is the best ;))