IGNORED

Old video posted

Australian origin, if I have identified the power cords correctly? :)

Btw it's funny how they don't even pretend that there's some immediate advantage over the ST, except the upgradable memory. Every application, game and hardware addon shown there works also on plain ST. :)

Edited by mikro
  • Confused 1

Well that sure brought back memories!

Around that time, when I was in high school, I saw an STe at a computer dealer and it was playing The Killing Game Show.  The graphics, music & gameplay blew away anything I was used to...including arcade games.

Then I also saw a Mega STe that had a monochrome monitor showing a Mac-like desktop.  On that screen was more serious programs like a word processor & terminal emulator, stuff I that would help me for college courses.

Realizing it was the same machine that ran both colorful games and useful applications, I begged my mom to get me one for a graduation present.  And after a couple years of saving and payments I got an Atari STe which was my first "true" personal computer.

So I definitely enjoyed that video, and the computer as well. :)

Edited by MrMaddog

Just watching it right now. At about 4min talking about how great STE is, then they show it on desk, then show it's inside . Ahhh... that's ST, not STE ?  Then 1040 STE 'The Stud'  LOL .

'ROM is faster and more powerful to use' - not faster than RAM by ST(E). More powerful - huh . Rather less flexible. What is real benefit is leaving more RAM for running programs - but that's too high science for advert manufacturers.

And guess what ? At 11 min it's shown advantage over ST - 2 extra joystick ports and 4 players at once (should I use here word 'shallow' again ? ) .

And another error: demonstrating 'proper usage' - first inserting floppy disk in drive, then monitor on, then computer on . It is known that it can cause data damage on disk, so correct order is inserting floppy as last step - when computer is powered on.

Then came really boring part about how to use Desktop, disks ... skipped it . Then showing some games, serious SW ...

What is really interesting is that since video is long 28 minutes - where it was played ? I mean way too long for TV commercial.