7 hours ago, adamcon said:

THAT's a LOT of stuff mon

I did not win the disks but I did win some stuff

69 DDPs

4 adam main units

3 keyboards

2 printers

and a random printer lid

I have a 4th spare KB and 2 spare printers so I will have 4 complete systems to go with the 3 I already have

Paid $ 250 Canadian for everything 

Now I need to figure out what to do with the stuff. I sort of got cought up in the bidding frenzy

Anyone need an cheap Adam?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Anyone need a cheap Adam?

Congrats on the auction win at an incredible price, but sorry to hear that you missed out on the disks. I assume that you live local, otherwise shipping is going to expensive!

Hmm, 4 spare complete ADAM systems once all this arrives and tests out, I'd consider buying some ADAM FujiNet devices and make some really sweat packages with all the software on SD card for people looking to obtain an ADAM. Looks like Mozzwald and John L. are sold out, so that would leave Masteries' build as the only option.

10 hours ago, NIAD said:

Congrats on the auction win at an incredible price, but sorry to hear that you missed out on the disks. I assume that you live local, otherwise shipping is going to expensive!

Hmm, 4 spare complete ADAM systems once all this arrives and tests out, I'd consider buying some ADAM FujiNet devices and make some really sweat packages with all the software on SD card for people looking to obtain an ADAM. Looks like Mozzwald and John L. are sold out, so that would leave Masteries' build as the only option.

I (John L.) am no longer building FujiNet devices until someone adds disk swap and creates a faster interface. PDF printing needs to be fixed, but that would not prevent me from making more units. I'll have a new run of internal ADE Pro and MIB238WiFi cards soon if that helps anyone out.

12 hours ago, NIAD said:

Not too upset about losing out on the disks.  The bid went higher than I was will to spend since the pictures only showed hand written disk labels.  I am not sure if there were any commercial releases in the pile

The ddp Pak's were an even mix of commercial and hand made (using coleco and loaran tapes)

48 minutes ago, rietveld said:

I just picked up my auction items. 

The seller was very professional and very knowledgeable about the products

Pretty much to be expected considering how many systems and how much software the seller had up for auction as well as living in the Toronto area... probably was an MTAG member who knew Rich and Pamela Clee.

6 hours ago, NIAD said:

Pretty much to be expected considering how many systems and how much software the seller had up for auction as well as living in the Toronto area... probably was an MTAG member who knew Rich and Pamela Clee.

Did you say MTAG newsletter writer. ;)

Great to hear that all systems are working!

As far as that “failure rate” thingy, three things:

1) lots of end-user error

2) propaganda from competitors like Atari and IBM… notice I don’t say Apple. IBM especially because they knew their PCjr was a piece of ****.
3) yes, poor QC at Coleco that let too many problem systems make it onto store shelves. By the end of 1983 and on, the ADAM probably had about the same if not lower failure rate than other computers of the era and that’s saying a lot because you got a lot more with the ADAM out of the box including a storage drive.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, NIAD said:

Sub Raiders is a port of the Spectrum Holobyte Apple game called Gato. It was developed using SmartBasic 2.0 and while very well done, the screen redraws are PAINFULLY slow.

I contend then convert the source to direct assembly language.
Stop using the overhead of basic.

If I were you guys I would put pressure on someone to either finish their emulators or someone develop a new ADAM emulator with a good disassembler.

8 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

I contend then convert the source to direct assembly language.
Stop using the overhead of basic.

It's not my type of game, but others might be interested as many were back in 1988 when it was released.

Considering it was programmed in 1988 for the ADAM, no surprise that it was programmed in SmartBasic, but was surprising at the time to see it was SB 2.0.