IGNORED

838-IO Plus ATX version

Shift838

i have had a couple of emails asking me about this card and what the difference is between the 838-IO Plus card i released a couple of months ago.

So in short, as far as circuitry there is no difference.  The card is shorter so that it can fit into an ATX case along with the 838-PEB board.  it's a bit over 2 1/2 inches shorter where the DB37 connector is.  This was made for ATX cases like the Mid Tower as there was not enough clearance to allow for the current 838-IO Plus cable to be plugged directly into the card without it being too tight for my liking.

This may not be the case for all PC cases or even full tower cases, but for the few mid-tower cases i tried it was the case so the ATX version of this card was born.

you can see the difference in the below photos.

if you are going to be ordering a 838-PEB and will be using a mid-tower case you will need the 838-IOP ATX card.  you can still use the sideport card for the 838-IOP that you have (if you purchased the original 838-IO Plus card.  If not you will need both.

838-IOP-ATX.thumb.png.45861c4f4f39381183664288a82acc77.png

IMG_0406.thumb.JPG.6e538a9f6236b47022a8ca876017e2fc.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1