IGNORED

Quick question…

I’m working with limited desk space due to my M1 Mac Mini, Jaguar, Neo-Geo MVS, etc. So my question is - would it be possible (and safe) to lay the front end of color ST monitor on the back of my ST?

I don’t want to damage the computer, which is why I am asking. So the monitor would be at a slight tilt (the back end would be on the desk, while the front end would be sitting atop the ST’s case.

I apologize if this seems like a trivial question; you can never be too careful.

Edited by ColecoGamer

57 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

I've got this one in use with my Mega STe. It slides under the back and the

monitor sets on top. Pretty good construction and I've been happy with it

so far...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZMNT7VK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice! This is what I’ve bern looking for. I’m buying one tonight, so I can finally get my ST setup.

If you want to save some money and have access to wood, I used to build monitor stands for the ST out of three pieces/ planks of thick wood wide enough to support the monitor, with a cut out for disk drive. Cut one length to span the ST and two shorter lengths for legs, just slightly taller than the ST so you can get your hands in to pull it out. You could even give it a custom paint job if you are an artist :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zogging Hell said:

If you want to save some money and have access to wood, I used to build monitor stands for the ST out of three pieces/ planks of thick wood wide enough to support the monitor, with a cut out for disk drive. Cut one length to span the ST and two shorter lengths for legs, just slightly taller than the ST so you can get your hands in to pull it out. You could even give it a custom paint job if you are an artist :)

and there's me thinking I was the only one that did that, only difference I had a 520STM so the floppy was external

so didn't need a cutout for it :)

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 11:59 PM, tjlazer said:

I did that with a 1040STf and it was fine.  I did add some padding under the monitor to not scratch the ST case.

ST1.jpg

0.jpg

Looks like the padding in the back holds most of the monitor's weight so the ST should be ok.  I'm not judging cause I use a NVDIA box to hold my HDTV at eye level to my second PC monitor.

When I first got my STe, I put my 130XE on top of it if I wanted to play any 8-bit games.  I just swap the RF cable and my joystick, until I broke my joystick doing it and realized how rare & fragile Atari controllers were (unless made by Wilco).

• Like 1