IGNORED

Javatari links not working

As reported by @ZeroPage Homebrew in this thread, Javatari links aren't working with the new forum. I couldn't find a dedicated topic discussing this.

@Paulo Peccin is someone working to fix Javatari to handle the long content URLs that the new forum is using for 2600 homebrew games? Or is this a problem with the forum?

Thanks!!

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2022 at 11:55 PM, Fort Apocalypse said:

As reported by @ZeroPage Homebrew in this thread, Javatari links aren't working with the new forum. I couldn't find a dedicated topic discussing this.

@Paulo Peccin is someone working to fix Javatari to handle the long content URLs that the new forum is using for 2600 homebrew games? Or is this a problem with the forum?

Thanks!!

Hi!

It seems there is not much I can do from "my" side.  At least I can't see how... 😞

When you use the download feature, it delegates the download to a "proxy" downloader application in Heroku, to be able to bypass browser restrictions, allowing the client browser to download content from outside the Javatari home page.

But the Heroku downloader is getting a 403 Forbidden error.

Seems like some security configuration (CORS maybe) that is denying requests from where they come when you use the URL download feature of Javatati and WebMSX.

Maybe the content server could be configured to accept such requests specifically?

Paulo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paulo Peccin said:

Seems like some security configuration (CORS maybe) that is denying requests from where they come when you use the URL download feature of Javatati and WebMSX.

Maybe the content server could be configured to accept such requests specifically?

Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely I will be able to effect any change as far as allowing access to apps like Javatari and WebMSX, but I can certainly ask Invision if it's possible.  They may not have the granularity to do this for a single one of their clients, and if they do, they may be unwilling to allow access of this nature to attachments.  This is a side effect of moving the forum to Invision's hosting services, and I was unaware that this issue would result.  I will make some inquiries, though, it's possible some of their other clients have run into similar issues.

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 1:58 PM, Albert said:

Unfortunately, it's highly unlikely I will be able to effect any change as far as allowing access to apps like Javatari and WebMSX, but I can certainly ask Invision if it's possible.  They may not have the granularity to do this for a single one of their clients, and if they do, they may be unwilling to allow access of this nature to attachments.  This is a side effect of moving the forum to Invision's hosting services, and I was unaware that this issue would result.  I will make some inquiries, though, it's possible some of their other clients have run into similar issues.

..Al

@Albert did those guys say anything? Thanks!