IGNORED

Latest Hatari 2.4.1_Windows64 and very large ACSI hard disk images

I did not try newer Hatari release in last couple years, and now decided to DL and install last official v.  Mainly because problems with 3.6 GB long image - with 12 partitions - that's newest game compilation with screenshots, new start menu - now finished, needs just some testing yet. There happen errors, slowdowns or even not finding some file (it is present in Desktop window of logical drive), while SD card, from which I made image works flawless on real Ataris, with diverse SD card adapters like UltraSatan, ACSI2STM, SD4ST . And someone reported problems with game To Be On Top with Hatari and Steem . And yes, it bombs in Hatari 2.1.0 right when music starts at title screens.  That error does not happen in 2.4.1, but I don't see progress in ACSI emulation, better said in ICD extended ACSI emulation (needed for more than 1 GB space access) .  There is now SCSI instead IDE emulation, what is for sure good for some people.

So, I'm asking for experiences with very large hard disk images in latest Hatari versions .  Maybe situation with Linux version is better ? But really have no time to deal with it too this weeks . Plus, surely count of Win users is bigger .

• Like 2

I checked latest Steem SSE (4.1.2) and it is even worse. Beside not reliable work it fails with images above 2 GB . Then disk/image capacity is not detected - says 0, and then driver will not mount partitions.

Really interesting ... Seems that Sensei Software uses signed 32-bit integers for image size and related ... What about using 64-bit integers in 2022 ?

I need to add text to my page about new images with games:  like " this will not work (well) in emulators Steem SSE and Hatari . Because not proper emulation of larger hard disk images/sizes. If you want that it work, write to emulator authors, teams ... Because it works well on real Atari HW. " .

• Like 1