IGNORED

Aquarius MX

1stage

aq_mx_logo_color.png.0bc1ec83dce560cc57d9fe4b04f6b33a.png

Working on the Aquarius MX, a refinement of Bruce Abbott's Micro Expander for the Aquarius.

GitHub site - https://github.com/1stage/Aquarius-MX

While there are Gerbers and STL files available, it's best to hold off ordering these components until prototype testing is complete.

Picture of the prototype...

aq_mx_on_desk.jpg

Edited by 1stage
Move logo around...
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

We have started Alpha Testing for the v1.3 update to the Aquarius MX USB BASIC ROM. If anyone is interested in getting an early look at this update, message me.

Attached is a PDF of the new and updated features in USB BASIC.USB BASIC v1.3.pdf

The new version of AquaLite v1.36 (or later) is required for testing.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm just throwing out a thank you to all involved with the MX (and the projects leading to it). I'm waiting on all the components and board needed to build one. I hadn't even considered an Aquarius until stumbling on to the Aquarius MX project (I'm also waiting on an original Aquarius). From that rabbit hole, I also spotted the awesome Aquarius Draw ...

Just the fact that so many resources have been made available to allow the home, semi-proficient DIY user to assemble what seems to be a VERY impressive enhancement / expansion for this extra-underdog(under-under-dog?), is completely amazing. I'll also mention the availability of DIY versions of the composite mod and a basic controller stand-in. This is a massive relief in the world of crazy shipping costs or complexity, escalating component prices, commercial/marketplace gouging etc.

All going well (it might take a little while to determine this), I'll be looking hard at the Aquarius+ instead of my usual "get a second old *insert vintage computer/console name here* as a spare". I've committed to a couple of commercially available Aquarius items and so far, one excellent new game (looking at you Dungeon Quest).

This little 8bitter and its enthusiastic and accessible community, really deserve more attention. Maybe not so-much attention that jacks the prices up for us non-US types trying to get into the Aquarius scene however 😏

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rietveld said:

Will there be another run of the MX?   I missed the boat on this

There's a guy out of the UK who builds and sells complete Aquarius MX units (check the Facebook group) and @arcadeshopper hope to build and make some available in his store at some point. I don't believe @1stage has any plans to sell additional complete MX units at this time but I'll let him correct me if I'm wrong. 

I will eventually get back to producing some MX's, but the Aquarius+ is taking up most of my time right now.

I also want to wait until the MX BASIC 2.0 Beta is complete so I am burning the most current version of the ROM.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 1stage said:

I will eventually get back to producing some MX's, but the Aquarius+ is taking up most of my time right now.

I also want to wait until the MX BASIC 2.0 Beta is complete so I am burning the most current version of the ROM.

Please keep us posted.  Thanks for the hard work

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...