IGNORED

Wrapping up a portion of my collection

I don’t post on atariage very much but lurk pretty often. Thought this little piece of my collection would be interesting to some. I don’t think I’ve seen too many people go this far.  So tonight I got the last piece of a little sub collection I unintentionally started way back in 2004. 

I was in 7th grade, browsing the plug n play section of my local Walmart and stumbled across something I thought was the coolest of shit. The Atari Flashback. It was the first one ever released and was physically modeled after the 7800, which I had no knowledge of at the time. The only thought I had in my head was this thing would be awesome for playing some games with the family at my grandparents house during get togethers, because surely old people all knew about and had played Atari’s back in the day. 

While there was some fun to be had with the family couple of times, it wasn’t as a big of hit as I assumed. Then a year later the Flashback 2 was released and this one actually looked like an Atari so I obviously had to have that.

Then some time past, 6 years to be exact, and in 2011 the Flashback 3 was released. It was the very beginning of 2011 were I truly started collecting retro games, so naturally I acquired this one as well.

2012 saw the Flashback 4 released and this one had a whopping 75 games AND wireless joysticks. Couldn’t pass that up. 

And two years later in 2014 the Flashback 5 came and had 92 games. Well thats almost 100, Id be a fool not to grad that. 

From that point it became, “Well I got the others might as well get this one.” Which also include the Intellivision and Colecovision ones when they came out. Until finally today saw delivered to me the Flashback X (deluxe). The 10th and final Atari Flashback that I will be owning. There is said to be another one coming this year, but after a nearly 20yr journey I think it’s time for me to wrap it up, and 10 is a nice round number to end it on.

1586CCAF-2069-4D22-891A-55D13FCD906A.jpeg

• Like 2