IGNORED

Another "Tyrant rotary ctrlr" appreciation thread

Saturn

I got my Tyrant rotary controller in the mail and didn't put it down for the first eight hours or so. Man, this thing is incredible! It's so well constructed and the feeling of power you get while blazing through the webs in Tempest 2000 is second to none. I beat my original high score by 200,000 points on the first go.

I'd heard the testimony of how strong the controller is built, but had no idea it would be this impressive. The brushed aluminum knob is the perfect size and weight for those (now) extended games that last well into the night. The "resistance" or clicking of the knob feels excellent but is also very useful for navigating the warp and bonus levels (helps keep me from overcompensating by providing an "amount" of movement per click (with zero being centered ;) )).

This controller is one of the greatest additions to my Jag (and video game) collection and you can bet I'll be going for at least two more of them in the future. Excellent work, Tyrant!!! 8)

• 1 month later...
Forgive my ignorance in the matter, but what is the price on said controllers?(I already know "about" the controllers, but not the price, y'konw...)

i would like to know this too :|

I normally sell via ebay, but they almost always go for about £45-50 GBP, plus £5 for worldwide postage/packing. However as I've only got a few left, and Im not sure if I'll have time to make any more for a while, you might have to pay a little more for one, depending on how many other people are bidding.

Why not review it in full for The Atari Times? I've been thinking about buying one of Tyrant's controllers myself, but would love to look at a full report before doing so.  :)
Oops, didn't mean to ignore this post. Cool idea :), I'd like to write a review for this killer controller (and a few other Jaguar peripherals). Heh, finding time to do it is another story. Besides, I might get labeled as a Fanboy... :lol:

(imagine that)

Actually, I wouldn't mind having one of these I guess. I just played some Tempest 2K and while fun, the controller just doesn't seem suited to it. I could use a dial.
I tried to play Tempest for a long time with the standard controller and it was terrible. After I bagged a Jedi Jeff rotary, the true enjoyment, IMO, was finally apparent. Picking up a Tyrant rotary was on my agenda for what seemed like ages. (Kept missing the auctions) Ahh, but now that the trophy is finally mine, I'm back to playing Tempest on a regular basis.

I still haven't acheived the high scores of some of the hardcore players, but it's not not due to lack of control. ;)

Besides, I might get labeled as a Fanboy... :lol:  

(imagine that)

Awww, my very own fanboy :) Its times like these I really feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Speaking of my controlers being in Atari online publications, I did an interview for MyAtari at the JagFest UK, incase anyone is interested, it also has some nice high res pictures, and one especially hideous picture of me hehe, dont worry I normally look a lot better, I just dont cope well with hot weather, and I was at the time trying to grow my hair long again, I've since given up on that idea hehe.