IGNORED

VbB vs. the 64kSC

ultima

20 hours ago, ultima said:

Hey all, I have a question about VbB and how it handles 64KSC (maybe 64k in general...) 

I was using the bank identifier and anything past bank 9 is still bank 9. Is it known to do this?

In what instance? Like a "goto foo bank10" still goes to bank 9? I seem to remember some caveats with 64K ROMs, but I'm not finding it in the bB manual right now. I'll do some digging and see if I can find it.

Here's some caveats that RevEng listed when he hadded 64K support to bB:

N.B.: When building 64k roms with this version of bB...

you must explicitly use "gosub label bank#" with "return otherbank".
you must explicitly use "gosub label" with "return" or "return thisbank". (under 64k, "return" is the same as "return thisbank")

Do you think this is related?

7 hours ago, Karl G said:

Here's some caveats that RevEng listed when he hadded 64K support to bB:

N.B.: When building 64k roms with this version of bB...

you must explicitly use "gosub label bank#" with "return otherbank".
you must explicitly use "gosub label" with "return" or "return thisbank". (under 64k, "return" is the same as "return thisbank")

Do you think this is related?

Hey I didn't know about that thanks I need to have a look at the code again to make some changes.

The problem I have is when the code is in the editor I can scroll down to bank 10 thru 16 and the banks ID in the right click menu only returns as bank 9.  It seems to also have problems compiling for trivial reasons might just have to go back to an earlier build but I can't figure out why , but I suspect a random keystoke ended up in there somewhere..so it might not be a problem.

Didn't know if it was a common issue or an unreported bug. Anyway thanks  I'll have a look at the code and check my gosubs and try rebuilding it from the earlier working version.

1 minute ago, ultima said:

The problem I have is when the code is in the editor I can scroll down to bank 10 thru 16 and the banks ID in the right click menu only returns as bank 9.

Oh; I didn't realize it was an IDE issue. Probably when VbB was written, 64K support wasn't considered, since that was a later addon by RevEng. Maybe it is specifically double-digit bank numbers that is causing it to choke since those didn't exist before 64K support was added.

As a side if you ever plan to make a physical 64k cart I have yet to find anyone besides AtariAge that can make one properly.  So, you might think about subscribing for the discount and plan on using AA.

UPDATE:  Now that I think of it multi kernel framework support in VisualbB doesn't work great past 32k projects. Something goes screwy with the organization/display of the separate sub folders for each bank.