IGNORED

Cuphead 2600 (Forest Hack)

alfredtdk

Cuphead 2600 (NTSC / PAL)

Help Cuphead to put order in this chaotic world, the Red Devil will always be watching, as his servants will try to stop Cuphead from fulfilling his mission.

King Dice will also be watching, disguised in its original form, a purple dice. 

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-00-31.png

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-19-32.png

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-08-33.png

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-37-54.png

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-42-14.png

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-20-08.png

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-08-33.png

CUPHEAD

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-38-21.png

KING DICE

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-38-06.png

RED DEVIL

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-47-27.png

PROJECTILE 01 FIRED BY CUPHEAD

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-23-01.png

PROJECTILE 02 FIRED BY CUPHEAD

Captura de tela_2022-09-18_02-22-23.png

Cuphead 2600 (Forest Hack) (2022) (Alfredtdk).bin Cuphead 2600 (Forest Hack) (2022) (Alfredtdk) (PAL).bin

Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, chavert said:
You're awesome, it's great to be able to play all versions of your quality games.  Viva alfredtdk 👍

I'm glad you liked it. One of my goals when creating a hack is to show the possibilities within the limitations imposed by the VCS system what is possible or not is that it can also serve as a stimulus in the creation of new games completely from scratch or as we know them as Homebrews.
I also believe that Cuphead is portable on the 2600 system in a game with gameplay
extremely simple and without fancy backgrounds.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

Cool!  I was considering a cuphead hack of Pitfall as well but decided to go with Limbo instead.   Can you change the main character sprites colors like you do in other hacks?

In Forest I can use different colors on the main character from the waist up. From the waist down we only use one color palette. In Cuphead 2600 I chose to color only the straw on the head and the rest of the body using a single color.

In Pitfall things would be easier, Cuphead's character would be more faithful visually, with red pants and shoes and dark chest, the problem is that the character would lose one of its most striking features, the continuous shot fired by one of his fingers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alfredtdk said:

In Forest I can use different colors on the main character from the waist up. From the waist down we only use one color palette. In Cuphead 2600 I chose to color only the straw on the head and the rest of the body using a single color.

In Pitfall things would be easier, Cuphead's character would be more faithful visually, with red pants and shoes and dark chest, the problem is that the character would lose one of its most striking features, the continuous shot fired by one of his fingers.

Yeah, the lack of a shooting function is the big reason I didn't choose it and went instead with Limbo.  It's too important a part of the original game.