IGNORED

Subliminal ST typing program

JagChris

A long time ago I read in an Atari  magazine a guy had wrote a ST typing program to eliminate writers block. It randomized and flashed the new keyboard key positions on the screen subliminally. Then replaced last used key with the @ and randomized again with each keystroke. Something like that.

The claim was you could produce high quality saleable literary material with this program quickly from your subconscious.

Although there was a 30% casualty rate. Roughly 1 out of 3 users began to believe they were communicating with what they believed was the collective subconscious.

This ring any bells for anyone? This program floating around out there somewhere?

Edited by JagChris

11 minutes ago, WhataKowinkydink said:

Interesting... never heard of this one.

Yeah I remember it as a letter to the editor. He said 30% of his friends who used it went off the deep end mentally.

Imagine writing a program that allows people to either write a masterpiece or drive them insane. What a dice roll. Sounds like a horror movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh whoa I wonder if there could be other uses for this. Imagine a programmers GUI that you hit a button and can go into subliminal mode when you're stuck on a programming issue. Or an engineering program etc etc

Atari could have used something like this. Having trouble finding a workaround for that hardware bug, go into subliminal mode.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JagChris said:

Yeah I remember it as a letter to the editor. He said 30% of his friends who used it went off the deep end mentally.

Imagine writing a program that allows people to either write a masterpiece or drive them insane. What a dice roll. Sounds like a horror movie.

Hmmm...  What if you used it to write a horror movie screenplay?

• Like 1