IGNORED

List of ports u want from other systems...

ZillaRUSH

• 4 weeks later...

In the current round of the A8 HSC we play Monster Smash! as part of the bonus games. Rather fun for a few minutes, very simple graphics with not very many moving objects. In my mind it would be suitable for a conversion though it is not a very well known game. Up and down controls opening and closing all the gates, left and right activate the smashers on each half of the screen.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Mortal Kombat, that would be SAVAGE...... :P 

Anything but MK1 - everything after that version is GREAT.... 

We now have Space Invaders and Yars' Revenge, still on my list is Mr. Yo-Yo for the Intellivision..... 👍

We have boxing but I don't think the Intellivision is ideal for MK type of game but maybe some talented developer would prove me wrong.

Not a port but Takeover with computer AI would be great.  I was/am a fan of the game Empire on the classic Mac which it is similar to.

For a port I would like something like Eufloria (steam/ios/android). Would need lots of screen scrolling to make the play field big enough.  Graphics could be simple.

Military Madness for Turbografx might work.  Screens similar to Armor Battle but lunar.

Moon Cresta would be asking for too much I think.

Time Pilot and Rally X are coming.

Stratovox and Intellivoice are a good match

Exidy's Star Fire/Fire One might work.

I’ll throw this in here as well, for

no particular reason:  In the past, there has been some clamor for an “updated” simulation game like Utopia.

On that vein, I’ve toyed recently with the idea of porting Plague, Inc. to the Intellivision.  I do not have anything to show for it, but I have some progress on the technical design of the simulation — at least in theory — and how to fit it within the Intellivision’s capabilities, especially from the user interface and mechanics perspective (which will necessarily have to be considerably altered).

It wouldn’t be an exact match, of course, but I think there is plenty of room to make an interesting version of that game.

dZ.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, cmadruga said:

I could underwrite something like this... 🙂 Or Publish. I need to do one more big game for Intellivision before I return to just exposing my wood on-line.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I love the idea of Plague, Inc. by @DZ-Jay

On the same line of thought I would like some port of Civilization (the very first one) based on a reworking of Utopia with random maps and direct interaction between the players. Maybe it's a little ambitious but after the masterful port of Defender of the Crown the expectations for strategy games ports on the Inty are skìy high..-

I do know that in the past someone was working on this but a port of the first Prince of Persia would be wonderful.

I would love to see a port of Sega's Golden Axe.

Last but not least, a reworking of a Star trek title for the PC (like Star Trek 25th anniversary) with a combination of story/adventure and arcade/combat action would be amazing.

That's it. Dreams' book closed... :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Popeye said:

On the same line of thought I would like some port of Civilization (the very first one)

I have an old project that I had started on a different platform. A port.
Maybe I will bring it over to the Intellivision one day.
It does scratch that Civ itch.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

I thought that was being worked on already. I remember seeing a screenshot.

Those were fake.  It was part of a set of mock-ups (including Elevator Action), created by a group of jokers for the sake of causing excitement and anticipation.  A sort of inside joke.

They ended up being actual screenshots made on an Intellivision, designed and coded by hand, accounting for graphical, color, and object limitations; so they could be used on a real game, if anybody was interested.

However, there was no actual plan to make the games originally (although some initial basic technical design went into them in order to make sure that they could be as realistic as possible from an actual game).

dZ.

1 hour ago, cmadruga said:

I have an old project that I had started on a different platform. A port.
Maybe I will bring it over to the Intellivision one day.
It does scratch that Civ itch.

Oh yes, please do it.

I'll be waiting for that day.