IGNORED

Mattel white labels

Atari_Bill

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone ever came up with an explanation for the Mattel carts that have been found with the unusual white labels.  Per Intv Funhouse, there really wasn’t much known for these few titles that were found with these labels.  Here’s the entry with what I’m referencing…

4287D277-A355-4BC2-B965-AF584C4D3756.thumb.jpeg.09ddb13eb442633091c7128934b8caea.jpeg

I just picked up one identical to the above and was trying to find any info on it.   

8B8490F4-8785-4B0C-ABFE-F45E075780B6.thumb.jpeg.70e9dffc537765c71f7a9d2d7dd2e274.jpeg

My possible guess is that it could be Mattel’s version of preview carts?   The only reason I say that is that Mattel’s M Network preview carts look very similar but also have a sticker indicating that’s what they are. 

E1DF9D39-E397-4773-B8FD-CAAEA1355C5C.thumb.jpeg.3399fe470a22b92e7525d45914cde113.jpeg

Anyone have any other ideas?

• Like 1

Have never had one. Looks like the ran out of labels at the end of production to me. They probably made the white labels inhouse to finish off the stock instead of spending money for a large run of printed labels.

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone ever came up with an explanation for the Mattel carts that have been found with the unusual white labels.  Per Intv Funhouse, there really wasn’t much known for these few titles that were found with these labels.  Here’s the entry with what I’m referencing…

4287D277-A355-4BC2-B965-AF584C4D3756.thumb.jpeg.09ddb13eb442633091c7128934b8caea.jpeg

I just picked up one identical to the above and was trying to find any info on it.   

8B8490F4-8785-4B0C-ABFE-F45E075780B6.thumb.jpeg.70e9dffc537765c71f7a9d2d7dd2e274.jpeg

My possible guess is that it could be Mattel’s version of preview carts?   The only reason I say that is that Mattel’s M Network preview carts look very similar but also have a sticker indicating that’s what they are. 

E1DF9D39-E397-4773-B8FD-CAAEA1355C5C.thumb.jpeg.3399fe470a22b92e7525d45914cde113.jpeg

Anyone have any other ideas?

Certainly seems like a possibility but more importantly can we talk about the contents of the display case? 😎 nice flex. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

What did you do to label to fix it? It looks to be good.

What a nice piece! I love the rare stuff.

Very precisely placed double sided tape that is then trimmed exactly to the edges. Basically returns the label back to being a fresh sticker again. It also avoids any issues with glue either needing to dry or destroying the label as it can be removed (carefully!) and replaced much easier. I wish I would have taken pics of what it looked liked before the repair but it was in a very similar condition to that Burgertime example posted above, minus the clear tape over the top. The label was just barely being held on by a thin strip of original glue that was quickly turning to powder. Unlike most of the other examples I've seen, the label was aligned to the top of the cart with the excess sticker going over the bottom, so I kept it that way to remain original. Seems like these usually align to the bottom of the cart face and overflow to the top but this Buzz Bombers one was different.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

Very precisely placed double sided tape that is then trimmed exactly to the edges. Basically returns the label back to being a fresh sticker again. It also avoids any issues with glue either needing to dry or destroying the label as it can be removed (carefully!) and replaced much easier. I wish I would have taken pics of what it looked liked before the repair but it was in a very similar condition to that Burgertime example posted above, minus the clear tape over the top. The label was just barely being held on by a thin strip of original glue that was quickly turning to powder. Unlike most of the other examples I've seen, the label was aligned to the top of the cart with the excess sticker going over the bottom, so I kept it that way to remain original. Seems like these usually align to the bottom of the cart face and overflow to the top but this Buzz Bombers one was different.

Very cool.

Nice job

• Thanks 1