IGNORED

Video out broken on latest Batocera update

Erzak

I admit that as an engineer, I find it hard to resist when a prompt on a computer, gaming device, etc. says "update available, would you like to update?".  Got bit with the latest Batocera update (v35) as the video out on the VCS doesn't seem to work other than the initial splash screen.  Have tried all kinds of things in the Batocera config files, but haven't figured it out yet.  Curious if anyone else has?  And a warning to others, don't update to v35 unless you like frustration :)  I'm currently going back to v34, luckily didn't lose too much other than some personalization, etc. that can easily be recreated.

I'm not having this issue - I am running Batocera 35 on my VCS with no issues at all.  I updated from 34 to 35 about a week ago.  You might want to try a clean install from a USB stick flashed with Batocera 35.  (Edit: I have Batocera installed to the SSD, but I just remembered I did a clean install with a USB stick flashed with Batocera 35 rather than update 34 over the internet.)

I'm using my Sinden Lightguns on it to play Area 51 - it trips me out to see the "Atari Games" logo at the start of Area 51 on my VCS!

Edited by MikeA
Forgot important fact necessary to my point
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MikeA said:

I'm not having this issue - I am running Batocera 35 on my VCS with no issues at all.  I updated from 34 to 35 about a week ago.  You might want to try a clean install from a USB stick flashed with Batocera 35.  (Edit: I have Batocera installed to the SSD, but I just remembered I did a clean install with a USB stick flashed with Batocera 35 rather than update 34 over the internet.)

I'm using my Sinden Lightguns on it to play Area 51 - it trips me out to see the "Atari Games" logo at the start of Area 51 on my VCS!

I did try that, and had the same issue.  However, I am not running Batocera off a SSD, but am running it off a uSD card in one of the rear USB ports.  Not sure why that would make a difference, but perhaps it could.  I'll try again (with a different uSD card) at some point.