IGNORED

ATARI VR

Gunther

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Although a little old, I do consider testing Atari VCS  (the newish console) with the Tilt Five. This can be interestingly fun. There is a game that I am working on for Tilt Five but would love to test it with a VCS or even successor model like VCS 2 if ATARI makes on. A few specs I'd recommend... upgraded cpu and gpu comparable to RTX 20x0 cards even if its an AMD gpu, with 8gb video memory and 32 gb main memory upgradable to say 128 gb, couple usb-c ports on front and back (4 total), 4 to 8 type A usb 3.2 ports on front, perhaps an SD slot, 4-8 USB 3.2 Type A ports on rear, with high quality power delivery so it can power something like the T5 glasses without janky setups so someone can use a 2-3m cable to the glasses. This would be a nice accessory to be able to use on the VCS. It shouldn't be hard since T5 team already used Ubuntu distro which also is Debian based. 

Also 1 or 2 M.2 slots capable of supporting 8 TB ssd. Make sure it's easy to get inside to install upgrades and reassemble. 

Edited by Wildstar
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2022 at 7:51 PM, PlutoniumPasta said:

Oh I saw this a while back! I remember reading some where that Atari has plans for a VR headset in the future. I heard that it's going to be an extra device for the VCS! Kinda like the PS VR for the PlayStation, I don't know if that is 100 percent true though.

they tried for the jaguar and failed, but, interesting concept.