IGNORED

Support Rick's Extra-Life day fund raiser!

Hey there Intellivision nerd-friends!  It's that time of year again, when a lot of us gaming-hobbyists run an Extra-Life day gaming marathon to raise money for Children's Hospitals.

This will be my 8th year!  I'm pretty confident that a lot of my gaming this year will be Intellivision focused because of all the new homebrews that are coming out.

As in the last couple of years, I'm planning to do two 12-hour marathons rather than one 24-hour one -- I just can't stay up for that long and be focused like I used to.  I'll be live-streaming on my youtube channel on November 19th and 20th (this is a change from my initial plans and is not the "standard" day on which most other Extra-Lifers will be doing their marathons).  Most likely from 8:00 or 9:00am until 8:00 or 9:00pm EST.

Anyway, I'd be thrilled if folks would donate to my campaign.  Again, it's for Children's Hospitals, specifically the Pittsburgh Children's Hospital in my case.  My campaign page where you can enter a donation is here: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=491687

My youtube channel where I should be streaming (barring some tech complications) is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/rickreynolds1969

Thanks to everyone in this community!

Rick Reynolds

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Rick Reynolds said:

Thanks everyone!  Another successful campaign to raise money for Children's Hospital.

Big thanks to anyone who tuned in and/or who donated.

If you wanted to donate but didn't get around to it, you can still donate to this year's campaign until the end of December.

Good Job Rick.

Dont know if i could do that. How are your thumbs? Did you atleast get to use the new controllers? Would have been a good test for them.

57 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Good Job Rick.

Dont know if i could do that. How are your thumbs? Did you atleast get to use the new controllers? Would have been a good test for them.

I don't have my set of the new controllers yet. They're on the way, but didn't arrive in time for this year's marathon.

23 hours ago, Rick Reynolds said:

Thanks everyone!  Another successful campaign to raise money for Children's Hospital.

Big thanks to anyone who tuned in and/or who donated.

If you wanted to donate but didn't get around to it, you can still donate to this year's campaign until the end of December.

I watched for a little while.  What the heck game were you playing around 8pm last night.  Some kind of adventure game that had you killing things and using them as a foot bridge.  Looked EXTREMELY frustrating.   Maybe it was something on NES?

Glad everything went well and you made money for a good cause.

1 hour ago, IMBerzerk said:

I watched for a little while.  What the heck game were you playing around 8pm last night.  Some kind of adventure game that had you killing things and using them as a foot bridge.  Looked EXTREMELY frustrating.   Maybe it was something on NES?

Glad everything went well and you made money for a good cause.

That was probably Little Medusa by Mega Cat Studios.  They put it out for Genesis, NES, and SNES.  I got the Genesis version.

It's a game I really enjoy but am not very good at!  😬  I keep coming back to it.  It's basically the same game mechanics as an arcade/NES game called Kickle Cubicle.

• Like 1