IGNORED

Colecovision composite mod - light colors

pepeart

It is one of the issues I used to run into with the older composite only kits. They tend to vary on the quality of their output between different TVs and displays. It was this lack of consistency that has made me decide to just use @the_crayon_king's RGB boards going forward. Even if all that is requested is just composite, the cost difference isn't that much more and I prefer to know that the output will look good regardless of the display being used.

3 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

It is one of the issues I used to run into with the older composite only kits. They tend to vary on the quality of their output between different TVs and displays. It was this lack of consistency that has made me decide to just use @the_crayon_king's RGB boards going forward. Even if all that is requested is just composite, the cost difference isn't that much more and I prefer to know that the output will look good regardless of the display being used.

I think you mean that little RGB to Composite/S-Video board? I am making RGB for the Coleco but only after I get the Bally RGB thing working. 

16 minutes ago, the_crayon_king said:

I think you mean that little RGB to Composite/S-Video board? I am making RGB for the Coleco but only after I get the Bally RGB thing working. 

Actually I'm still not fully myself and I was confusing this with the Intellivision composite kits!! Actually most of the composite kits I've used on the CV are pretty consistent although I'm currently using the small SMD boards that Console5 sold for a bit as I bought some a while back and assembled them. 

Thank you for keeping me in my lane!

24 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Well the composite through the Intelli kit is cleaner than through native if only because of sync correction. For me it is worth it to have two pallets to decide between. 

As for this coleco I would suspect that either Luma is too high or Chroma is too low on this composite mod.