IGNORED

Die Story der Final Legacy!

Mr.Bacardi

I recently bought the audio cassette "Die Story der Final Legacy" which was advertised in one of the old Atari Club Magazines from Atari Germany.

It looks like Atari wanted to promote the game "Final Legacy" in Europe and offered an exclusive audio cassette to the members of the Club magazine.

It turned out that the ebay seller was no one else than the creator himself who is selling his last few copies off on eBay and I had some nice chat with him! :)

I asked him if it would be ok for him to offer this pretty rare piece of Atari history to the community and he gave me his permission to share the 1st side of the German tape version.

Arnold Marquis, the voice of "John Wayne" here in Germany, gives you a great trip back to the good old times! :)

Ariolasoft UK also sold an english version for the UK market and Robert still has a few copies left which he is still selling and you can contact him directly via his web page: http://www.news-music.de/

Enjoy! :)

Atari Club Magazin 3-84.jpg

Final Legacy cassette.jpg

Final Legacy tape - side 1.jpg

Final Legacy tape - side 2.jpg

Edited by Mr.Bacardi
typo, deleted Robert's email address on his request
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Maury Markowitz said:

Creator of these tapes, or the game as a whole?

According to Atarimania music on the Final Legacy Game was done by Brad Fuller, but composer/creator of the music tape "Story of Final Legacy" is Robert Schröder!

Edited by Mr.Bacardi
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I contacted Robert Schroeder when I ordered my copies of "The Challenge" (in English) and asked him to talk about his involvement in the development of this project. He very graciously wrote back and stated the following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Text by Robert Schroeder /19.10.2022

Background information to music cassette „The Story Of Final Legacy“ / „The Challenge“ Hi, my name is Robert Schroeder and I am the composer and producer of the music cassette „The Story Of Final Legacy“ (German Version) and of „The Challenge“ (English Version). The music of the german and the english version is absolutely the same. Difference is only the language of the spoken voice and of the speaking persons. The German version of the "Final Legacy" music MC was first produced in 1983 for ATARI Computer Germany as a promotional give away to the computer game "Final Legacy".

In 1987 the music MC was also produced for ariolaSOFT with English lyrics. ariolaSOFT was distributed in Germany by the Bertelsmann Group, a short time later also published by ariolaSOFT U.K.. The music for the "Final Legacy" MC should support the dynamics and atmosphere of the game. But how did I end up producing the music for "Final Legacy" in the first place? The music was based on my successful single „SkyWalker“ from 1983 (https://www.news-music.de/schroeder_e/a_shop_cd_e.php#skywalker ). For ATARI, SkyWalker was the ideal music for the game "Final Legacy".

I myself had good contacts to ATARI Germany at that time and so it was obvious that I should produce the music as a supplement to the game. The text story was written by ATARI (Wolfgang Bloedorn). The German dubbing voice for Western star "John Wayne", "Arnold Marquis", was chosen as the narrator. This warm and sonorous voice of Arnold Marquis was best suited to bring the text to the Final Legacy music with exciting atmosphere on's tape. Music and voice were a perfect match. The title of the German music version was called „The Story Of Final Legacy“. For the English version the English narrator SERVO was taken. The title of the English music cassette was changed to „The Challenge“. The music of the MC B-Side „The Final Legacy Theme“ respectively „The Challenge Theme“ was produced by tape cutting, means, the tape was cutted in short strips and sticked together with new arrangement. All in all a very interessting and breathtaking music production. For more information please look here: https://www.news-music.de/schroeder_e/a_shop_projekte_e.php#finallegacy . Please take also a look to my website: https://www.news-music.de Have a good time … Robert Schroeder ------------------------------------

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...