IGNORED

Spartdos or Rtime Shell STL?

Bikerbob

6 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

Has anyone reproduced these, with the pin locators for the circuit board?  I have a reproduction PCB that fits into a SParta shell perfectly.. but I dont want to use my Sparta shell, I would like to print up something instead.

Has anyone done this?

James

I don't know if the COREi64 shell for the Super SpartaDOS X cartridge PCB is compatible with the original ICD PCB size, but I think it is.

https://corei64.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_87&product_id=67

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BillC said:

I don't know if the COREi64 shell for the Super SpartaDOS X cartridge PCB is compatible with the original ICD PCB size, but I think it is.

https://corei64.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_87&product_id=67

no completely different shape PCB.. and besides he wants to sell me the cart.. I want to print it myself. But thanks.

James

1 hour ago, BillC said:

I just wish he offered one with no embossed cart type so you could slap your own label on it.

I seem to remember that being part of the discussion back when he first made the models for these.

Express!, Diamond Cart, etc... all could use this...

15 minutes ago, Tillek said:

I just wish he offered one with no embossed cart type so you could slap your own label on it.

The following is from the end of the description:

Two different cartridge tops are available.  One with the embossed SDX lettering, and the other plain (in case you'd like to put your own label on it).

Edited by BillC
  • Like 3

On 10/24/2022 at 11:02 PM, Bikerbob said:

no completely different shape PCB.. and besides he wants to sell me the cart.. I want to print it myself. But thanks.

James

I am in Canada, a $28 US cart right now is over $50 CDN with shipping.  I could print enough for all my friends for that kind of money. just need the STL to do it!! @Mr Robot  IF you could it would be amazing.

I have the STL's for a 1200 extender PCB which is almost the same thing but longer. If someone wants to send me the PCB you want to fit in it, it should be pretty trivial to cut down to size.

I'd of course send you back the PCB when it's done and stick the STL's online. 

I'm in the process of *slowly* putting all my 3d stuff on line for anyone to print but lack of time in my real life is not progressing these things at any pace. I'm moving off thingyverse and on to https://www.printables.com because its actually a good platform that feels fit for purpose. My models will also be on my website for forever too. 

• Like 1

Because if I have the PCB I can check that it fits, if I have an original case I can only check that it looks the same. I've done this a few times, look at the SIO2PC cases I did, I had to make a few design changes because not every board fitted the original design due to tolerance issues with aftermarket SIO sockets, I could have never done that just looking at a case that is supposed to fit. 

• Like 2

On 10/27/2022 at 10:13 PM, Mr Robot said:

Because if I have the PCB I can check that it fits, if I have an original case I can only check that it looks the same. I've done this a few times, look at the SIO2PC cases I did, I had to make a few design changes because not every board fitted the original design due to tolerance issues with aftermarket SIO sockets, I could have never done that just looking at a case that is supposed to fit. 

Steve, I have an original SDX I can send you to test with if you need it.  I'll pay you for a case also -- my original cracked a few years ago.

20221029_212600.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1