IGNORED

5200: First Impressions

Room 34

I've played mine through many times with no second level either. That's why I was so disappointed the first time I went through it and no second level like I had remembered. :sad: But I'll just give up here, as there's no way for me to prove that my friend had a 2600 version with a 2nd level on it. I am wanting to get the 5200 version though, now that I know that it has a second level to it at least :wink:

Pretty much everyone here on these boards (which are the most fanatical of Atari devotees) has played through their 2600 Pitfall 2's numerous & countless times and probably most all have played through the 5200/8bit versions including the 2nd level. Matter o' fact people have mapped out both levels and posted them right here on AA... but no one has seen a 2nd level on the 2600 version.

Also there's no 2600 Rom dump floating out there with a 2nd level (probably easily seen with a dissasembly).

Maybe the best thing to do is get someone ask David Crane at Classic Gaming Expo 2004! If anyone would know if a 2600 with the 2nd level exists, it'd be him :lol: