IGNORED

Integrating LoRa Devices with TI

SkyPilot

11 hours ago, Duewester said:

Not a cartridge but maybe the TiPi? Bluetooth and Wifi. I'm not a LoRa person but it seems to me that it could be doable.

Never considered TiPI.  LoRa has a one mile range in dense urban environments, more with direct line of sight with elevation opens up intriguing ideas.

18 minutes ago, SkyPilot said:

Never considered TiPI.  LoRa has a one mile range in dense urban environments, more with direct line of sight with elevation opens up intriguing ideas.

I live kinda out in the country a few years ago I purchased a couple LoRa feathers from Adafruit. Had (still have) intention of attaching one to a game camera the other to a Pi at my desk.

Never quite worked out the process but still have dreams.😁

55 minutes ago, Duewester said:

@arcadeshopper, I originally intended to use my two Pi02w's for this when they came out. Once again though, things got pushed back to the back burner.

I had a feeling you or @jedimatt42would have a better idea of the TiPi abilities on this topic.

TIPI works over tcpip/internet.. it has no other capabilities.. it uses samba for file shares, and the normal ip stack for http curl type requests to the internet etc.. git .. the usual stuff..   

• Like 1