IGNORED

AVG Cartridge Atari AVF Movies For Download

rcamp48

I have lots of AVF movies for the  AVG cart that are getting ready for upload

I have the 4K YouTube downloader and Videopad to convert the MP4 movies to MPEG-1 so if there is anything on YouTube that you want I can do it. 

rain_NTSC.avf

carry_NTSC.avf

comfortably_NTSC.avf

crazy_NTSC.avf

demis_NTSC.avf

goombay_NTSC.avf

Here_Comes_The_Sun_NTSC.avf

Edited by rcamp48
adding more movies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Aking said:

please please do atari commercials!

Done : Here is a classic Atari 2600 commercial video, one in PAL and one in NTSC, the package for doing this has been updated a bit I will upload it later this morning.

HUGE_List_Of_Atari_2600_Commercials_NTSC.avf

HUGE_List_Of_Atari_2600_Commercials_PAL.avf

The main additions to the video package is the addition of two batch files, one for NTSC the other for PAL, after creating both bin files, eg: themovie_audio.bin and themovie_video.bin (always name them with the ender of _audio.bin and _video.bin because of the way I wrote the two batch files) , you would just type in patch_ntsc.bat or patch_pal.bat and just the filename (themovie) to run the encaudio and encvideo, (in either ntsc or pal) depending on which batch file you have run.

Here is the updated zip file: Updated-Virtualdub-1.10.4-AMD64.zip

• Like 3

On 10/29/2022 at 7:31 AM, rcamp48 said:

I have lots of AVF movies for the  AVG cart that are getting ready for upload

I have the 4K YouTube downloader and Videopad to convert the MP4 movies to MPEG-1 so if there is anything on YouTube that you want I can do it. 

rain_NTSC.avf 91.39 MB · 5 downloads

carry_NTSC.avf 161.13 MB · 4 downloads

comfortably_NTSC.avf 190.18 MB · 4 downloads

crazy_NTSC.avf 145.84 MB · 5 downloads

demis_NTSC.avf 102.37 MB · 4 downloads

goombay_NTSC.avf 96.88 MB · 4 downloads

Here_Comes_The_Sun_NTSC.avf 92.4 MB · 5 downloads

And now the PAL versions, please...   ;-)

5 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Thank you!

If I can trust the filenames, then "Crazy Train", "Have you (ever) seen the rain" and "Atari Commercials" are still NTSC only ?!?

Yes they are, by tonight they will all be finished...... plus may more in both NTSC and PAL, do you want more videos of each one , obviously I cannot display PAL videos but they will be available for download.

Edited by rcamp48
  • Like 1

Here are a few more Atari videos and another update to the process of making them, the two batch files no longer delete files after running, this is now handled by a clean.bat file, and there is another batch file, replace spaces with underscores.bat, both useful for running the program.

There is now only one file that is not yet in PAL , and it is Mary_Janes_Last, I am working on both as we speak.

VirtualDub-1.10.4-AMD64 Update 2.zip Atari_Commercials_PAL.avf Crazy_Train_PAL.avf Have_You_ever_Seen_The_Rain_PAL.avf LukHash_Spy_Vs_Spy_NTSC.avf LukHash_Spy_vs_Spy_PAL.avf Mary_Janes_Last_NTSC.avf

Edited by rcamp48
additions
  • Like 1

Here are a few more, note that the PAL ones have not been tested by me, so please let me know if they work or not, eventually all of the NTSC ones will be released as videos here for those of you who do not have an AVG card, again there are so many YouTube videos out there so please let me know if there are any that you want on Atari and I will use my 1 GB connection to download them and then convert them to MPG-1 for eventual conversion to AVF file. One question, with the popularity of the AVF files is it even worth doing the PDM audio file? I will also do them if there is demand for them, I have lots but have been concentrating on uploading only AVF files in both PAL and NTSC.

Russ

Mary_Janes_Last_PAL.avf mexican_girl_NTSC.avf Mexican_Girl_PAL.avf Mr_Blue_Sky_NTSC.avf Mr_Blue_Sky_PAL.avf Neal_Diamond_NTSC.avf Neal_Diamond_PAL.avf Queen_another_one_bites_the_dust_NTSC.avf Queen_another_one_bites_the_dust_PAL.avf Queen_Bohemian_Rhapsody_NTSC.avf Queen_Bohemian_Rhapsody_PAL.avf

[Sittin' On] the Dock of the Bay pdm14 mono 44270Hz ide pal.pdm [Sittin' On] the Dock of the Bay pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 4 Non Blondes - What's Up (Official Music Video) pdm14 mono 44270Hz ide pal.pdm 4 Non Blondes - What's Up (Official Music Video) pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 7 Years pdm14 mono 44270Hz ide pal.pdm 7 Years pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 10cc - I'm Not In Love pdm14 mono 44270Hz ide pal.pdm 10cc - I'm Not In Love pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 57 Chevy - WW-1-43 pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 116_A_winter_s_night_in_Bethlehem pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 116_Blessed_is_the_one pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 116_Fill_us_again pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 116_God_is_our_shelter_(Ps46) pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 116_Great_and_mighty_is_the_Lord pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 116_He_is_the_mighty_one pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 116_How_lovely_is_your_dwelling_place_Ps84 pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 116_I_lift_my_eyes_up_Psalm121 pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 116_I_will_dance_with_you_forever - Copy pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 116_Maranatha pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm 116_You_are_called pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) (Video) pdm14 mono 44270Hz ide pal.pdm A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away) (Video) pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm AC DC - Thunderstruck (Official Video) pdm14 mono 44270Hz ide pal.pdm AC DC - Thunderstruck (Official Video) pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Aerosmith - Crazy (Official Music Video) pdm14 mono 44270Hz ide pal.pdm Aerosmith - Crazy (Official Music Video) pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Aerosmith - What It Takes pdm14 mono 44270Hz ide pal.pdm Aerosmith - What It Takes pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Another Saturday Night SSR 102B pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Are You On The Road To Loving Me - RR210 pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Aunt May's Canadian Jig - F1438 Bx45 pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Banjo Reveille - SIO # 55 pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face (Official Music Video) pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Billy Joel - Vienna (Audio) pdm14 mono 44270Hz ide pal.pdm Billy Joel - Vienna (Audio) pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Bob Dylan - Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Official Audio) pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm CAN WE ALL COME TOGETHER By Bachman-Turner Overdrive pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Dire Straits - Sultans Of Swing pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Do It Again pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Duran Duran - Come Undone (Official Music Video) pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Elton John - Rocket Man (Official Music Video) pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Living Next Door to Alice pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm SPY vs. SPY (1984) - 🎹 C64 REMIX [LukHash] pdm14 mono 44610Hz ide ntsc.pdm

Edited by rcamp48
adding more avf and pdm files
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would highly recommend this AV to HDMI upscaler from Amazon for any and all use on the Atari 8 Bit line of computers, as long as you have a 5 pin din out on your computer, I ave just rehooked mine up and the sound and graphics quality is out of this world:

SUNNATCH RCA Svideo to HDMI Converter, RCA S-Video HDMI Adapter, Composite AV CVBS RCA to HDMI Converter, Composite or Svideo + R/ L Audio in HDMI Out Converter for N64/ DVD/ PS2/ Xbox(Aluminum) : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Here is the HDMI Video capture device that I use although I will be upgrading to a 4K video capture device that I have at the office and have never used.

Y&H Audio Video Capture Card 1080P HDMI to USB 2.0 Record via DSLR,Camcorder,Action Cam,PS4,Xbox One or Nintendo Switch,PC Gaming Streaming,Video Conference,Broadcast Live,HDMI Capture Device : Amazon.ca: Electronics

Edited by rcamp48
addition of hdmi capture device
  • Like 2

I have had a real breakthrough in the quality of the frames being displayed during playback of these videos:

What I did was increase the scan line from 4 to 16....

Atari_Commercials_NTSC.avf

Atari_Commercials_PAL.avf

carry_on_wayward_son_NTSC.avf

carry_on_wayward_son_PAL.avf

Queen_I_Want_to_Break_free_NTSC.avfQueen_I_want_to_break_free_PAL.avf

• Like 3

I have successfully converted rock videos that were over 1.5 hours long, Nazareth Greatest Hits is 3.14 Gigs in size just enough to fit on a 128 GIG MicroSD card, as soon as my second copy finishes processing, I will upload both the NTSC and PAL versions. Russ

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rybags said:

How is the audio done -  is it ordinary 4-bit samples or is it higher bitwidth?

It's "just" 4-bit samples.  Details of this are in the thread here

There have been some recent updates to the player, specifically for AVG cart as well.

8 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

16 bit samples Rybags, the highest that I can go , and I have maxed out all of the audio and video buffers. I will upload the full album here as well as the AVF files in PAL and NTSC.

Not sure what the scanline setting you are referring to is, but you cannot play 16-bit samples back.  the Pokey only has a 4-bit volume register which is what this is using for sample playback.  Using other techniques such as PDM (or PWM) it can approximate 5.6 bit resolution, but that's it.  And there is not enough time to use such techniques in these videos.  Even Covox was being used, it is only an 8-bit DAC.

16 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Not sure what the scanline setting you are referring to is, but you cannot play 16-bit samples back.  the Pokey only has a 4-bit volume register which is what this is using for sample playback.  Using other techniques such as PDM (or PWM) it can approximate 5.6 bit resolution, but that's it.  And there is not enough time to use such techniques in these videos.  Even Covox was being used, it is only an 8-bit DAC.

1591526192_Untitled19.thumb.jpg.0fba36a0f1ac55e7a9ce31a33c34a585.jpg

10 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

1591526192_Untitled19.thumb.jpg.0fba36a0f1ac55e7a9ce31a33c34a585.jpg

These are settings for video, not audio. Like Stephen said, standard for A8 with Pokey is 4bit samples, with some effort 5bit and with tricks 6bit are possible but thats it. In these AVF videos standard 4bit samples are used for playback with Pokey (most-likely 8bit samples for playback with Covox enhancement) and they are mono only.

• Like 1

And now may I present Nazareth Greatest Hits , The Full Album in both NTSC and PAL, this does work but the files are over 3 GB. Think of the albums

that I could download from YouTube and successfully converted. The NTSC version played all of the way through the full 1,5 hours, the PAL version I could not test.:

Nazareth_Greatest_Hits_PAL.avf

Nazareth_Greatest_Hits_NTSC.avf

Edited by rcamp48

Hello Russ,

I have tested all the PAL versions of your AVF videos (the late Nazareth video NOT included) and all videos, except one work fine. The one that does not work is "Have you ever seen the rain". The screen shows strange colours and noise, maybe the video file is defect or it is still the NTSC version (allthough it is named PAL) ?!? Since I only have PAL equipment, I cannot test any NTSC versions...

By the way, I prefer videos with "action" or changing pictures, videos with one picture that is shown during the whole video (like e.g. ELO-Mr. Blue Sky or Pink Floyd - Comfortably numb) are quite boring. There it would be better (in my opinion) to just convert them into audio (e.g. PDM) files for the A8.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Hello Russ,

I have tested all the PAL versions of your AVF videos (the late Nazareth video NOT included) and all videos, except one work fine. The one that does not work is "Have you ever seen the rain". The screen shows strange colours and noise, maybe the video file is defect or it is still the NTSC version (allthough it is named PAL) ?!? Since I only have PAL equipment, I cannot test any NTSC versions...

By the way, I prefer videos with "action" or changing pictures, videos with one picture that is shown during the whole video (like e.g. ELO-Mr. Blue Sky or Pink Floyd - Comfortably numb) are quite boring. There it would be better (in my opinion) to just convert them into audio (e.g. PDM) files for the A8.

For sure , I too like action, I will do more....

I'm rarely negative towards people that post or what they post but I just don't see much of a point to these (but Russ, if you enjoy it then please carry on). I would much rather watch the source material and hear it in the quality it deserves to be seen and heard in. At best, unless the persons face it the target of the camera you just get a blob of odd coloured pixels moving about in a rough shape of a person.

Again, I'm NOT asking you to stop making them, just giving my opinion that they don't really bring much, even the commercials that were recorded are in really poor quality as it is, making them in to Atari playable versions just destroys them..

Maybe I didn't get my wheatabix this morning, and I'm grumpy..

Don't mind me Russ, if you are enjoying making these, carry on..

Grumpy Paul..