IGNORED

AVG Cartridge Atari AVF Movies For Download

rcamp48

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Rock out man - you've got quite the collection of classic tunes and videos!  I love filling up cards for my AVG cart to demo these when I am at classic computer shows.  I never in my wildest dreams, thought I'd be still using my Atari in 2023, let alone showing off full videos.  God - I wish my dad could see this!  He got me my 1st machine in 82, he could not believe I still used it and that people kept making new hardware and software for it.

Stephen : if you think I have quite the collection of classic tunes and videos , check out my FTP site at spynet,ddns.net port 21 , user id :anonymous pw:<your email or just hit enter>

check out the movies and music section there. Its also available through my PC BBS at spynet.ddns.net port 23 use the X option from the main menu to get into my NAS server.

• Thanks 1

Here are 10 AVF videos , 5 NTSC and 5 PAL , I have many many more..... I will upload a few more then go to bed. Have to process them first.

Brandy_NTSC.avf Brandy_PAL.avf Chantilly_Lace_NTSC.avf Chantilly_Lace_PAL.avf Do_you_wanna_dance_NTSC.avf Do_You_Wanna_Dance_PAL.avf

Tom_and_jerry_480P_for_Avg_Car_NTSC.avf Tom_and_jerry_480P_for_AVG_car_PAL.avf whole_lot_of_lovin_NTSC.avf Whole_Lot_of_lovin_PAL.avf

Edited by rcamp48
Adding more text
  • Like 4

Can someone let me know if both the PAL and NTSC versions work? I sold my AVG card and my atari is down for repairs it blew out a graphics chip from the bottom of the chip. Just working on a few more avf files but for the life of me I can't find out where it show how to view the avf movies on altirra.

On 8/4/2023 at 1:01 PM, Wilheim said:

Great video clip! I love the original movie...

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2023 at 8:11 AM, rcamp48 said:

While the PAL versions all work fine on my PAL equipment, I noticed the following things:

- Tom and Jerry: looks like the movie works with 50fps PAL but still shows NTSC colours ? Jerry appears in blue colour and many colours are completely off; the most annoying thing however is that there are several episodes in the movie, BUT the endings of each of the episodes are missing !  (Movie plays episode one, before the end is reached, episode two starts, before the end is reached episode three starts, etc. - thats confusing at first and very annoying after a while.)

- Brandy, Chantilly Lace, Do you wanna dance, Whole lot of loving: looks like these do not use (or do not have) a real music videoclip, instead you see someone (a DJ?) putting the record on the table and playing it, then moving (would not call it dancing) somewhat to the left and right...

31 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

While the PAL versions all work fine on my PAL equipment, I noticed the following things:

- Tom and Jerry: looks like the movie works with 50fps PAL but still shows NTSC colours ? Jerry appears in blue colour and many colours are completely off; the most annoying thing however is that there are several episodes in the movie, BUT the endings of each of the episodes are missing !  (Movie plays episode one, before the end is reached, episode two starts, before the end is reached episode three starts, etc. - thats confusing at first and very annoying after a while.)

- Brandy, Chantilly Lace, Do you wanna dance, Whole lot of loving: looks like these do not use (or do not have) a real music videoclip, instead you see someone (a DJ?) putting the record on the table and playing it, then moving (would not call it dancing) somewhat to the left and right...

Did em wrong , I cut and pasted from a big list , and will do them right tonight

32 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Brandy and iother clips were originally in mono 8000 htz clips so that is harder to make it look right , still I am experimenting with it.....

On 8/3/2023 at 2:02 PM, rcamp48 said:

Can someone let me know if both the PAL and NTSC versions work? I sold my AVG card and my atari is down for repairs it blew out a graphics chip from the bottom of the chip. Just working on a few more avf files but for the life of me I can't find out where it show how to view the avf movies on altirra.

Got it working now , but not sure if I am encooding them right

I was wondering if there are command lines for Virtualdub, if so could someone please list them here so I can incorporate them into my custom QB64 program that would automate everything that Virtualdub would do, I will start working on some of the batch files and convert them to QB64 commands , the program is already written in the form of my Transfolio Shell program for the Atari POrtfolio, and would be very simple to choose a filename, then have a set of batch files run in the back ground, but I need to know if I can use command line commands with virtualdub, if so it would be very easy for me to modify my existing program to execute all of the commands based on one filename being picked.

I have ways to filter out extensions, etc by using MID$ commands .................... by tonight a basic version should be ready, I will of course follow Nir Dary's excellect guide to creating IMG files for the CF care on side2 or AVF files for SD on AVG Cart.

Russ Campbell

Edited by rcamp48

• 4 months later...
On 11/11/2022 at 2:15 AM, rcamp48 said:

Ok I decided to put up a Mega link of the original MP3s in my collection, that way if you like any of them you can run them through Fujiconvert , there is close to 400 sides of records, and some of them are really good, it just depends on your taste in music:  https://mega.nz/folder/sd0jjDbI#0BYazZ4JElQWntIhJeBs6A

The link is dead do you have another link that works?   thx

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, Peri Noid said:

I guess, this account is no longer operational...

It was terminated due to huge violations.... I am going to put my NAS server back online and my BBS as well , over 16 TBs of online storage.... to connect go to spynet.ddns.net : ports 21 and 23 21 is FTP and 23 is Telnet the telnet one is up right now I have to put the FTP back up

Russ

• Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 10:34 AM, Atari8man2004 said:

The link is dead do you have another link that works?   thx

I am recording all 200 of my 45s in a video and on reel to reel tape, 10.5 inch slow speed , both sides..... Atariman2004 since you asked first, do you have a reel to reel machine and if so I will send you a 7 inch reel with all of my 45s from the 50s and 60s on it maybe 2 of them, advantage is that it is NOT in digital but audio, real audio , I have been recording them all (300 455 rpm records) from my Sony PS-LX55-II with a Shure cartridge on a Yamaha RX-V595 amplifier.  I can offer reel to reel tapes but each one would be made by hand and the records recorded one at a time , very time consuming but its the best you can get for audio quality. I do have the 100 watt amp that I use to process all reel to reel tapes, I can also put them on 90 minute chromium oxide cassettes. CD and DVD or Blu-Ray would be digital and that's no good, audio quality is not good. 

Is there anyone with the Parrot or Parrot II for the Atari 8 Bit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

I am recording all 200 of my 45s in a video and on reel to reel tape, 10.5 inch slow speed , both sides..... Atariman2004 since you asked first, do you have a reel to reel machine and if so I will send you a 7 inch reel with all of my 45s from the 50s and 60s on it maybe 2 of them, advantage is that it is NOT in digital but audio, real audio , I have been recording them all (300 455 rpm records) from my Sony PS-LX55-II with a Shure cartridge on a Yamaha RX-V595 amplifier.  I can offer reel to reel tapes but each one would be made by hand and the records recorded one at a time , very time consuming but its the best you can get for audio quality. I do have the 100 watt amp that I use to process all reel to reel tapes, I can also put them on 90 minute chromium oxide cassettes. CD and DVD or Blu-Ray would be digital and that's no good, audio quality is not good. 

Its not easy to record these records and it does take time, this video is a shadow of what is on my reel to reel tape, 10.5 inch both sides I should have maybe 100 records on it, to get the audio just strip the audio out of this file, it will be made available on my NAS server soon.

6 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

I dont have that but thanks for asking.