IGNORED

Intellivision and church organ ragtime duet

decle

A couple of weeks ago Sam, aka Look Mum No Computer, challenged his Youtube followers to bring along a MIDI controller to This Museum is Not Obsolete in Ramsgate UK.  He would then allow the controllers to play a church organ he is restoring! :party:

I took my Sears Super Video Arcade, ECS and IMDI (a combined cartridge and MIDI interface) along to play a bit of ragtime:

The Sears and ECS are playing a six voice chip-tune version of 12th Street Rag.  At the same time, the music tracker on the IMDI cartridge is sending out MIDI messages to the organ which plays along.

Sam says that the organ is tuned a little sharp, and unfortunately with me being the musical scuffer I am, I don't know how to correct for this.  Never-the-less I think the results are quite fun, and this is definitely one of the more unusual peripherals for the venerable Inty!

If you have the opportunity to get along to This Museum is Not Obsolete, I'd recommend it.  It's really eclectic and hands on, and the Sam and the crew are very friendly.  Not only that, but you can also visit the Ramsgate Micro Museum, which is right next door and has a fine collection of home micros to indulge yourself with.

Finally if you would like the chip-tune version of 12th Street Rag we played on the organ, here is the ROM file that can be used in JzItnv or with the LTO Flash: 12thStreetRag.rom

Cheers

decle

Edited by decle
  • Like 19
  • Haha 2

I was pretty stoked to see you and Sam colab and was surprised when I saw a Sears SVA pop up in my YT subs feed on his channel ..been watching Sam for a little while now. Very Cool! 😎

That organ could definitely use some fine tuning though! 😜

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2022 at 3:05 PM, decle said:

A couple of weeks ago Sam, aka Look Mum No Computer, challenged his Youtube followers to bring along a MIDI controller to This Museum is Not Obsolete in Ramsgate UK.  He would then allow the controllers to play a church organ he is restoring! :party:

I took my Sears Super Video Arcade, ECS and IMDI (a combined cartridge and MIDI interface) along to play a bit of ragtime:

The Sears and ECS are playing a six voice chip-tune version of 12th Street Rag.  At the same time, the music tracker on the IMDI cartridge is sending out MIDI messages to the organ which plays along.

Sam says that the organ is tuned a little sharp, and unfortunately with me being the musical scuffer I am, I don't know how to correct for this.  Never-the-less I think the results are quite fun, and this is definitely one of the more unusual peripherals for the venerable Inty!

If you have the opportunity to get along to This Museum is Not Obsolete, I'd recommend it.  It's really eclectic and hands on, and the Sam and the crew are very friendly.  Not only that, but you can also visit the Ramsgate Micro Museum, which is right next door and has a fine collection of home micros to indulge yourself with.

Finally if you would like the chip-tune version of 12th Street Rag we played on the organ, here is the ROM file that can be used in JzItnv or with the LTO Flash: 12thStreetRag.rom

Cheers

decle

Oh my goodness! That is marvelously out of tune, but wonderfully so.  😂

It is a little surreal to see an Intellivision "playing" a device with even older technology than itself. :)

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing this.

dZ.

• Thanks 1