IGNORED

2024 Philips CDi hardware, prototype controller, and CDi player

Blazing Lazers

Up for sale or offer are several large CDi lots that could easily be flipped by someone who is willing to sell on Ebay, along with some hardware items. Prices aren't too firm, especially if you buy lots of items, so please do message me. I am willing to ship outside the US, but it won't be cheap. 

1) SOLD lot of 106 CDi games, movies, multimedia titles, VCDs, and demos of all types. Some are rare, others are common, but this lot is all yours for SOLD plus shipping. Please look very closely at the titles in the picture and feel free to ask any questions. 

Edited by Blazing Lazers
Sold

• 3 weeks later...

2) Some very rare CDi titles, available as a single lot for SOLD !!!  plus shipping or priced individually as follows:

Making the Grade: SOLD

Foqus: SOLD

Follow Your Dreams: SOLD

The Weather Kitchen 2x copies: SOLD each or SOLD for both

Oxford Dictionary: SOLD

3x Japan CDi games: Gifts to Behold (very rare), Pinball, and Palm Springs Open SOLD

Breast Self Examination (rare US release that was sold publicly) SOLD

Royal Classics Sampler The Classics You Love: one of the absolute most obscure CDi music releases SOLD

In the Wake of Captain Cook: uncommon late release (1997) SOLD

2x PhotoCD titles Power of Glory and La Louvre: SOLD

Depression: the Search for the NaSSa: rare non-retail professional pharmaceutical release SOLD

Elsevier's Interactive Anatomy  Volume 2-III CD-i boxset: SOLD

Yamaha 1994 professional title: SOLD

Pompeii: SOLD

US CDi Movies version of The Brady Bunch Movie. This is one of the tougher ones to find. It never had a slipcover so this unopened copy is complete. SOLD

Full Motion Video Demo: one of the rarest CDi titles, it was only available for a limited time as a give away and was mostly used internally within Philips. SOLD

Edited by Blazing Lazers
Lot sold

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

5) 220 model Philips CDi player, with AV cords, power cord, and remote controller. Works perfectly and appears to have seen little if any use. Includes the DV card installed. Video of it working is available upon serious request. Shipping won't be cheap on this heavy system. NOT FOR SALE. 

IMG_20230302_143502682.jpg

IMG_20230302_143508673.jpg

IMG_20230302_143524326.jpg

Edited by Blazing Lazers
  • Thanks 1

7) Some of the rarest US CDi longbox releases, buy all for SOLD with shipping, or individually at:

Anne Willan Presents the Food of France SOLD. 

The ACT College Search '92 SOLD

Sailing SOLD

How the Camel Got His Hump SOLD

David and Goliath SOLD

Earth Rhythms SOLD

Edited by Blazing Lazers
Items sold

Is Anne Willan Presents the Food of France that rare or is the price so high because it's sealed?

Genuinely curious because I dont keep up with the CD-i market and I have a copy I bought years ago (which i think was also sealed NOS) for $25. 

EDIT: Holy Crap I just saw one sold on ebay for $400. I should've bought a second one. 

Also, this lovely collection, hope it finds a good home.

Edited by robbievgb
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 2:48 AM, robbievgb said:

Is Anne Willan Presents the Food of France that rare or is the price so high because it's sealed?

Genuinely curious because I dont keep up with the CD-i market and I have a copy I bought years ago (which i think was also sealed NOS) for $25. 

EDIT: Holy Crap I just saw one sold on ebay for $400. I should've bought a second one. 

Also, this lovely collection, hope it finds a good home.

It's genuinely rare in the US longbox format, and very uncommon in the terrible vertical Eurocase format that Philips initially used in Europe and the UK. It also was never re-released in the later standard jewel-cases like a lot of titles were, and was even left out of several later US Catalogs unlike almost every other original longbox release. 

One of the few other such "de-emphasized" original longbox releases is ACT College Search '92, which is also one of the few US exclusives in that format. A former Philips VP outright told me that it quickly became outdated back in the day. 

There's been a few notable sales of both. The reason Anne Willan Presents the Food of France SOLD for $400 (and sold very quickly!) in that recent listing was because shipping outside the US was offered by the seller. Most of the CD-i community is outside the US, and a lot of them didn't know about the US longbox version existing until recent years. 

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, I had that model he's trying to sell, but it was the US Magnavox branding, even had the DVR for it too and the gravis pad clone.  I had like 10-15 games for it, manhole, a couple videos, and used it quite a bit as my CD player too.  I miss it, it's hard seeing that up there, but then I get snapped back to reality because of the sickeningly toxic pricing on the games I used to own which is unfortunate.  It never was really meant as a game machine, it was a equal if that piece of the pie, but some people tried to make it out to be to help take it out of the US market over petty antics. :\  I'm in kY and I imagine if it's in the states, even where I am the shipping would be not pretty.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Same here, I had that model he's trying to sell, but it was the US Magnavox branding, even had the DVR for it too and the gravis pad clone.  I had like 10-15 games for it, manhole, a couple videos, and used it quite a bit as my CD player too.  I miss it, it's hard seeing that up there, but then I get snapped back to reality because of the sickeningly toxic pricing on the games I used to own which is unfortunate.  It never was really meant as a game machine, it was a equal if that piece of the pie, but some people tried to make it out to be to help take it out of the US market over petty antics. 😕 I'm in kY and I imagine if it's in the states, even where I am the shipping would be not pretty.

I spent most of my life in the Philadelphia area. I’ll say somewhere around 2005 I drove about 2 hrs outside the city and picked up a jag with cd and about 20 games and a cdi with the dvc and about 20 games all for 200 bucks. My how times have changed lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madwindoman said:

I spent most of my life in the Philadelphia area. I’ll say somewhere around 2005 I drove about 2 hrs outside the city and picked up a jag with cd and about 20 games and a cdi with the dvc and about 20 games all for 200 bucks. My how times have changed lol

Exactly.  And the system isn't so much the issue, it has a few directions of merit.  Let me try and list what I once had, probably miss one or two, and you'll see why I just don't bother. :)

Escape From Cyber City, Space Ace, Dragon's Lair, Caesars World of Boxing, Tetris, Mutant Rampage Bodyslam, Hotel Mario, Link Faces of Evil, Lords of the Rising Sun, Voyeur, Chaos Control, Burn Cycle, and Lil Divil. 50/50 I might have had Laser Lords, but really not sure.  Times just changed for the worse, if you care about ownership, but if not you can get some Anbernic thing to nail down PS1/N64 stuff and back+gba, or you get into a RP3+/(Latest)Anbernic or the Odin level things and you got Gamecube covered too.  Sure it's roms, but one and done...  I don't think CDi has been ported to that though, emulation hasn't been as kind towards it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 5:22 PM, Blazing Lazers said:

5) 220 model Philips CDi player, with AV cords, power cord, and remote controller. Works perfectly and appears to have seen little if any use. Includes the DV card installed. Video of it working is available upon serious request. Shipping won't be cheap on this heavy system. $300 plus shipping. 

IMG_20230302_143502682.jpg

IMG_20230302_143508673.jpg

IMG_20230302_143524326.jpg

Great system right here! I have the same one as my "daily driver." The fact that it's a 220/57 is a big deal, as it has 32kb of NVRAM as opposed to 8kb. Lots more room for saving games (and an added bonus that there is no Timekeeper chip in this model). Also, native S-Video output and two separate inputs for "pointing devices" are great features. Super interesting to see this with the second shell + RC5 protocol. Surprised this player hasn't sold yet!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...