IGNORED

Conan need more lives

michomis

I tried that one in Atari800Win+ and Altirra and Conan just jumps constantly.

The ATR from Fandal's seems to work well though it needs flip disk during loading.

Atarimania only has the ATX version.

Conan.a8t

That's a trainer file for Atari800Win+ which should give unlimited lives.

The location is $34B - unsure if the cartridge version uses the same.

• Thanks 1

I thought I would have a play of this to see if I could get through all the screens. I'm playing it on Altirra but I don't remember it being quite such a flickery mess, is it like that on real hardware? Also the controls are rather vague too, it is certainly lacking some finesse to say the least!

It's an Apple 2 port so fairly sure practically everything that moves is a softsprite (and probably rendered very inefficiently) - the speed can be very variable and not a lot of moving objects can turn it into a slideshow.

There's probably little consideration of where in the frame it is - maybe it waits for a VBlank before starting each new rendering sequence but I'd guess that'd be about it, and it would serve to hurt it more re slowdown.

I only really played the game in the day due to not having a lot of alternatives and found it to be one of those ones you just turned off in frustration because you'd get screwed over largely because of the game limitations rather than your own skill errors.