IGNORED

GBA left

Guitari

Hi All,

I have bought a modded original Game Boy Advance and the left dpad is slightly less responsive than up, down and right. The modder has told me that there is no fix because this is an issue all original GBAs suffer from. There's nothing online to substantiate this claim. Am I being fobbed off?

Many thanks.

I'll be crude here, because if I were you I'd probably write that in the return comment because reading what you just wrote got me mad.

That's a fucking lie.  I want a refund/replacement, now, or I'll escalate this.  Please don't lie to me again.

GBA's work correct Nintendo didn't shit peddle handhelds like SONY did with the PSP where the internal face button would get stuck on the internal edge of their LCD screen causing sticking.

I used to mod the things, and I'm in any day now modding one again soon for myself to keep.  I've never had one stick outside of cheap chinese parts I'd end up trashing and resorting to using the original buttons due to their poor machining process.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I used to mod the things, and I'm in any day now modding one again soon for myself to keep.  I've never had one stick outside of cheap chinese parts I'd end up trashing and resorting to using the original buttons due to their poor machining process.

I was going to say something along this. I bet its an aftermarket case and/or d-pad.

• Like 1

Can't speak to the GBA specifically, but... for years, replacement silicone d-pad and button contacts coming out of China are an absolute gamble. And yes, this even goes for the modern unofficial Sega and NES-style pads being produced today. Every one I've tried (including the ones made for the 7800 from Retrogameboyz, etc.), there's always *a* pad or two that takes more pressure than the others before it makes contact. Thought there might have been a break-in period before they all felt uniform like they used to long ago, but nope. QC across the board is what it is today. And don't see it getting better any time soon.  :mad:

3 hours ago, Guitari said:

Perfect, thanks guys. Yes it's an Aftermarket shell and cost a fair bit as I got the company to do all the mods (lithium battery etc). They're usually really good with a good reputation on Game Gear shells. I'm going to report back to them. Really disappointed. 

Ahhhh ok game gear.  I've not followed that so much after buying one too many too far gone local systems.  The machined parts I had never really had an issue except once with a badly fit plastic lens before they started to make glass ones so that does kind of fit.  I'd demand a replacement or refund depending how you feel.

If you get the refund I might have an idea who you can talk to, but if Kent is overseas Kent I'm thinking of I don't know if the guy mails that far out.