IGNORED

Vectrex case screws - Sizes?

kbj

Hi All,

Picked up a broken Vectrex in a right sorry state to see if I can fix and restore.  It had no picture, but I could hear sound.  So, I've got it working after a recap and a good clean.  The only thing missing are the screws that hold the back on.  Has anyone got any idea what size the screws are that I should be looking for?  I have had a search around the net and looked in the service manual, but they're not listed with the size, just a part number.

Cheers,

KbJ.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2022 at 2:09 AM, kbj said:

Hi All,

Picked up a broken Vectrex in a right sorry state to see if I can fix and restore.  It had no picture, but I could hear sound.  So, I've got it working after a recap and a good clean.  The only thing missing are the screws that hold the back on.  Has anyone got any idea what size the screws are that I should be looking for?  I have had a search around the net and looked in the service manual, but they're not listed with the size, just a part number.

Cheers,

KbJ.

If you end up not being able to find some I could have a batch manufactured. I am always happy to make replacement screws for any console or accessory. 

• 3 months later...

Long overdue answer. They are all metric screws, Phillips cross heads (head diameter ~6,6mm).
The four shorter screws are: M4x07 length 12mm.
The Long one: M4x07 length 40mm.

For those of you that does not speak metric fluently.
M4 means that it is a metric thread and the major diameter of the thread is 4mm. The "x0,7" means that the pitch is 0,7mm between threads, which basically means that the screw will go in 0,7mm in one full turn of the screw. That in turn means that metric threads does not express pitch in TPI (threads per inch) as UN threads do.

Vec Case screw small.jpg