IGNORED

TMS99110 on Ebay.

I guess that was too good to be true, just had the following message:

Dear buyer

I am so sorry to bother you and please forgive me, thanks so much.

we only have 5pc in stock of this item.

Our warehouse workers found that the outer packing of the item you ordered was damp when they checked the warehouse. Our engineers found that the item was damp and It was in very bad condition.We can't send a faulty item to you.

Dear buyer, our warehouse worker says that there will be arrivals for this item in about 7-8 weeks.
As soon as they arrive,we will contact you immediately.
Is that ok we give your mony now?

If you have any question or need any help, please contact me directly. I am sure all problems can be resolved by our cooperation.
Please don't open cases or leave any neutral or negative feedback which has very bad impact to my store.
We will give you a big discount for the future business.

If you need any other item,please tell me the exact MODEL you want and we will give you best price.

I asked why the picture on the auction was not of the real item.
I also asked them for a picture of the damaged chips as maybe i could refurbish them, i bet they don't send one.

I've had something very similar to this before.

Jim

As expected:

dear buyer

thanks for your letter

i am relly sorry this items have been sent to original factory

because we can't sell bad items to buyer and we need to solve the problem at the first time

so if it is ok for me to give your mony?

kind regards

I looked back in my emails and this company did almost exactly the same thing when i tried to by some TMX9909NL chips from them.

• Sad 1

As expected:

dear buyer

thanks for your letter

because we can't sell bad items to buyer and we need to solve the problem at the first time

kind regards

I looked back in my emails and this company did almost exactly the same thing in 2020 when i tried to buy some TMX9909NL chips from them.

Not sure how doing this benefits them if they just end up giving a refund. 

Maybe shows a demand for the parts and then they go and make fakes of them.

Jim

18 hours ago, Jimhearne said:

As expected:

dear buyer

thanks for your letter

kind regards

I looked back in my emails and this company did almost exactly the same thing in 2020 when i tried to buy some TMX9909NL chips from them.

Not sure how doing this benefits them if they just end up giving a refund. 

Maybe shows a demand for the parts and then they go and make fakes of them.

Jim

I thought this sounded familiar too--they did the same thing to me in 2020 with the TMX9909s I tried to order from them. I think they've had so many negative responses from the US that they refuse to ship here now. . .

And the UK then, if so why don't they just exclude UK and US instead of all the messing about.

They had already sent me a tracking number before they told me the chips were damaged, not sure how that works.

At the listing is still up.

I know some Chinese people , i wonder what would happen if they ordered one.

Jim

10 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I thought this sounded familiar too--they did the same thing to me in 2020 with the TMX9909s I tried to order from them. I think they've had so many negative responses from the US that they refuse to ship here now. . .

Yeah, I see zero items by them.  I have to go to the UK site to see them.

11 hours ago, Jimhearne said:

And the UK then, if so why don't they just exclude UK and US instead of all the messing about.

They had already sent me a tracking number before they told me the chips were damaged, not sure how that works.

At the listing is still up.

I know some Chinese people , i wonder what would happen if they ordered one.

Jim

Yeah, they sent tracking on the 9909s too--and when the tracking number data stayed in the originating city for almost a month, I asked what what was up. That was when they cancelled and gave a refund with the "damaged item excuse."

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Jimhearne said:

This seller has some TMS99110 in Poland.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/tvsatelectronic

I have bought from this seller before (not TI chips) and they were good chips.

Shame it's a stock picture but i took a chance on a couple.

Jim

Wow, I'm going to order some. 

Searched for "Texas Instruments" --the seller has much, much more good stuff.  Though probably available elsewhere, it is lovely to browse. I found the TMS38010 and TMS38020, TMP370 and TMS34076. 

The TMS38010 is what I'm calling "the last 9900". Built for their Token Ring chipset, it has a 9900 instruction set and 2.75K onboard RAM.

I think Apple even used it in their rare TokenTalk card. Somewhere there is a Macintosh that loads a device driver, written by TI, for its 9900 coprocessor. 

All the above  were part of the Wally Rhines initiative to reset TI's Microprocessor division in 1983 or so. (Read: kill the 9900, surrender the 8-bit and 16-bit markets.)   Which yielded the 32-bit TMS320 DSP (TI's cash-cow for decades) and 32-bit TMS340 GPU. (which inspired the Win32 GDI.)  The TMS360 vanished. A TMS370 incorporated the 7000 core. The TMS34076 is like 3X BT476, a VGA color palette, but for 24-bit color. 

The TMS380 did alright and incorporated the 16-bit 9900 one last time. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2023 at 12:00 PM, FarmerPotato said:

@jbdigriz

The seller has 74S181 big slice processor. 

I see them. Also has AM29203's, but no 74S481.

The replacement I mentioned in another thread for the '181 looks interesting since it likely could operate with a significantly faster clock than the 74181. Which has some possibilities.

Edited by jbdigriz

On 5/5/2023 at 11:45 AM, FarmerPotato said:

The TMS380 did alright and incorporated the 16-bit 9900 one last time. 

Somewhere around here I think I have a TMS380-based ISA TR adapter. I should dig it out and take a look.

Edited by jbdigriz
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 9:43 PM, jbdigriz said:

I see them. Also has AM29203's, but no 74S481.

The replacement I mentioned in another thread for the '181 looks interesting since it likely could operate with a significantly faster clock than the 74181. Which has some possibilities.

Oops, 74S481 is the hot one.

The TMP99000 was gone when I looked again. So are the TMS99110s, but that might be because we bought all of the supply. 🙂 I bought 2 of them. 

On 5/6/2023 at 9:54 PM, jbdigriz said:

Somewhere around here I think I have a TMS380-based ISA TR adapter. I should dig it out and take a look.

Aaand in my haste to order the TMS99110, I threw a bunch of interesting chips in my cart. I dunno what is a TMS375 but I got one of the lots for $6. All I can find is an aliexpress programmer for 370 series  that seems to be automotive. 

4 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

Aaand in my haste to order the TMS99110, I threw a bunch of interesting chips in my cart. I dunno what is a TMS375 but I got one of the lots for $6. All I can find is an aliexpress programmer for 370 series  that seems to be automotive. 

I recall seeing a TI chip at the heart several RAID controllers I used to run, and I think they were the 370 family.

• 2 weeks later...