IGNORED

Off e-bay for now

Allen Schweitzer

I am currently not selling on e-bay for any of you who were watching my multiple posts. I will sell items through here, if any of you are interested.
I had a buyer purchase an item that had the condition listed as "for parts or not working". The title of the listing said the item was "for parts or repair". The description stated that it needed repair. It was sold as-is, no returns. The buyer who purchased the item initiated a return because the item did not work when they received it. E-bay is using my funds to refund the buyer for the full purchase price and making me pay for return shipping.
As a result, I ended ALL of my listings.
I apologize for any inconvenience to all who were watching any of my listings.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Allen Schweitzer said:
I am currently not selling on e-bay for any of you who were watching my multiple posts. I will sell items through here, if any of you are interested.
I had a buyer purchase an item that had the condition listed as "for parts or not working". The title of the listing said the item was "for parts or repair". The description stated that it needed repair. It was sold as-is, no returns. The buyer who purchased the item initiated a return because the item did not work when they received it. E-bay is using my funds to refund the buyer for the full purchase price and making me pay for return shipping.
As a result, I ended ALL of my listings.
I apologize for any inconvenience to all who were watching any of my listings.

Was it video game items? What is the buyer's account name so I can block him.

4 hours ago, glazball said:

Is there no way to appeal to eBay?

I have to wait until the 16th, then call e-bay and begin an appeal.  I hope that's right.  I seem to get a different answer every time I call them.  If they find in my favor, my 39-40 listings will go active again...plus a couple more, maybe.  I have some Bally consoles to move, I just need to get them cleaned up, recapped, and the controllers gone through.  I feel sorry for the guy selling a console right now that I had a bid on.  I explained the situation to him, and he understood and cancelled my bid for me.  I will place the bid again, if e-bay finds in my favor.  If they don't, I may swear them off for life like I did Amazon about 5 years ago.  Then it will just be harder to find a Bally repair person.  :)   Assuming anyone is looking....  HA!  There's just no way I'm going to do anymore business on there if this is how they treat people who get scammed.  It's not worth the risk for a hobby that doesn't put food on my table.  

I spend and sell thousands of dollars worth on their site every year, and they'll be fine without me.  I buy all my parts and tools there, including the Bally consoles I fix up.  If they decide they would like to keep me as a customer - buying and selling - that's up to them.

26 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

I don't see any negative or bad feedback has a buyer though.

E-bay will NOT allow ANY seller to leave negative feedback on a buyer.  That's a new policy from about a year ago.  All the seller can do is "report a buyer" and/or block them.

What he doesn't have is reading comprehension skills.  I wonder if I would have actually spoken to him and told him 3 times that it didn't work that would have sunk in?  It was in the listing 3 times that it didn't work, but it obviously didn't matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Man you got hosed!

I've been wishing for an alternative to eBay since,  well the time of Yahoo Auctions (RIP)...

Sorry to hear it go down like that.  When I've called eBay on something so obvious they (more or less) sided with me,  though one time they left up negative feedback,  but then later it was gone.  I wasn't sure if negative feedback disappears after 6 months or something or if they took it down (due to the buyer being no good)...

Best of luck though,   Not your fault at all.

• Like 1

The buyer hasn't left any negative feedback...yet.  One of the e-bay employees told me to send them a return label.  She got me most of the way through the process, then told me that the transaction didn't "qualify" for me to send them a return label because the buyer had opened a case against me.  Another employee told me to report the buyer (which I did) and then wait until the case closed and file an appeal that I would most certainly win.  We'll see.  Honestly, I'm ready for the whole process to be over, and the buyer keeps harassing me with messages on e-bay.  If I win the appeal, I'll sell on e-bay again.  If not, I'm sure there are other people who will work on Bally's - probably not as cheap as me, but I'm sure there are others!  :)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Allen Schweitzer said:

If not, I'm sure there are other people who will work on Bally's - probably not as cheap as me, but I'm sure there are others!  :)

Unlikely!  I would hope that Bally Arcades/Astrocades would get more and more love and exposure as time goes on, and your absence from eBay would certainly leave a giant hole in the small community of people that care about this console.  Hope this gets squared away and put behind you.

• Like 1

UPDATE!!!

E-bay has resolved the issue.  The buyer is NOT ELIGIBLE for a refund and I have won my case.  My listings will be going back up on E-bay eventually! There is more to the story, but that's it in a nutshell.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!!

• Like 5

I have to pay for a return shipping label. After the buyer sends the broken PS4 back to me, I call e-bay, and they refund me for the cost of the shipping label under seller protection. Then, my funds will be released to me and the case will be elevated to deal with the false claims made by the buyer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been lucky thus far but the skyrocketing transaction fees and the shipping costs have taken its toll.  I'm getting to be afraid to sell anything.  At least here you have an audience that is more about relationships than screwing each other.  Good luck on your ventures selling elsewhere.  Ill be following you.

It isn’t just the selling on eBay that is crappy now, the buying is too…

Prices are through the roof, even for common items. And most computers stuff is sold either untested or “power on” which mean it probably doesn’t work and you’ll get no refunds or have to fight for it. Shipping cost have also gone up considerably.

My brother had a guy do a very similar claim to him over a DSI Prophet-6 synthesizer on eBay. Similar deal probably where the guy was planning on flipping it and wanted to back out after buying because his buyer fell through/not enough spare time to sell/who knows.

ebay ended up helping my brother out after he paid for the return shipping, they actually gave him way more money than the shipping actually cost and penalized the guy who made the false claim with some kind of ban I think. Seems he had done that stuff before.

• Like 1