IGNORED

antic mode 4 char editor needed

mutil8

In need of a antic mode 4 character editor, wondering what you guys would suggest.

The one I am currently trying to get (in disk form) is the apx Envision editor. Located the documents on atariverse site.

I have contacted best electronics (he doesnt have it) and b & c (he may have it but seems too busy to track it down. He did state he had many apx titles on in storage).

However there may be a more current, better option that I am not aware of. I realize there are editors on the PC, at this point i am only interested in keeping all 

development, programming, etc on original atari hardware. 

If someone has a better option than Envision let me know - thanks.

@mutil8

I don't understand, go here and scroll down, click the disks to download them...

https://seriouscomputerist.atariverse.com/pages/utility/utility.atari.htm#Envision

or here

https://www.atariarchives.org/APX/showinfo.php?cat=AP0185

or here

https://archive.org/details/atr_APX20185-Envision

or here

http://www.atarimania.com/utility-atari-400-800-xl-xe-envision_17942.html

or here for old source code and another atr (disk image)

https://archive.org/download/AtariEnvisionSourceCode

once you download the disks, use your favorite method to write out the disks, APE, ProSystem, Respeqt, and others using a serial or usb SIO2PC cable, you could also go the FujiNet route...  they are crazy easy to buy or make and are a must for anyone using an Atari these days.

Edited by _The Doctor__

I've used MacroEdit (EdMac) since back in the day, and still use it from time to time. It's a very capable font and screen editor, with an intuitive interface, which also can handle macros for groups of characters to be pasted about the screen. It edits Antic 2 & 4, and also Antic 2 for the GTIA (9, 10, & 11) modes. It supports the joystick, a Koala Pad, or the Atari Touch Tablet for input.

About the only negative I have for the program is that it doesn't support typing of characters (duh!). Characters (or macros of character groups) are selected and then pasted to the screen via the cursor.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 3:45 PM, MrFish said:

I've used MacroEdit (EdMac) since back in the day, and still use it from time to time. It's a very capable font and screen editor, with an intuitive interface, which also can handle macros for groups of characters to be pasted about the screen. It edits Antic 2 & 4, and also Antic 2 for the GTIA (9, 10, & 11) modes. It supports the joystick, a Koala Pad, or the Atari Touch Tablet for input.

About the only negative I have for the program is that it doesn't support typing of characters (duh!). Characters (or macros of character groups) are selected and then pasted to the screen via the cursor.

thanks I checked out the documentation looks good

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 1:24 PM, mutil8 said:

In need of a antic mode 4 character editor, wondering what you guys would suggest.

The one I am currently trying to get (in disk form) is the apx Envision editor. Located the documents on atariverse site.

I have contacted best electronics (he doesnt have it) and b & c (he may have it but seems too busy to track it down. He did state he had many apx titles on in storage).

However there may be a more current, better option that I am not aware of. I realize there are editors on the PC, at this point i am only interested in keeping all 

development, programming, etc on original atari hardware. 

If someone has a better option than Envision let me know - thanks.

Hi,

I stumble OVER your post.

Just try ataritools-800 first tool is a charset editor witch can load and save envision format and in 5 antic modes. Sure it's a pc thing but with exact memory, color codes and files as real A800 do, files as is can be loaded by A8 through APE or via sd on A8 via sio.

More over, you can generate asm (mads) or atari basic text code from charset graphic data and copy past in your editor. 

Google it  because last time I put à https link, my comment was backed off the forum. 

Best

Rudy

Edited by DearHorse
Incomplete comment

• 4 months later...
On 1/8/2023 at 9:27 PM, DearHorse said:

Hi,

I stumble OVER your post.

Just try ataritools-800 first tool is a charset editor witch can load and save envision format and in 5 antic modes. Sure it's a pc thing but with exact memory, color codes and files as real A800 do, files as is can be loaded by A8 through APE or via sd on A8 via sio.

More over, you can generate asm (mads) or atari basic text code from charset graphic data and copy past in your editor. 

Google it  because last time I put à https link, my comment was backed off the forum. 

Best

Rudy

Hi Rudy,
in the past I used one of the early beta release of AtariTools-800 and I found it very useful 👍
Today I discovered that there is a new Beta 1.0.0 but when I tried to download it from the link in "ataritools.fr.gd" page, the page is impossible to reach 😔
How can I have this new release?

Thank you in advance

Andrea

• Like 1

Hi Andrea,

I will send you the latest version on your PM ASAP.

Note that the screen-editor has some interpretation problems due to a mix between linear and atascii character codes (char-editor himself is ok).

Best

Rudy

Edited by DearHorse
info complement
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2023 at 12:05 PM, DearHorse said:

Hi Andrea,

I will send you the latest version on your PM ASAP.

Note that the screen-editor has some interpretation problems due to a mix between linear and atascii character codes (char-editor himself is ok).

Best

Rudy

Thank you Rudy!
👍
I look forward to receive your great tools... as I wrote you, I used some of them during the creation of Space Taxi for A8B and they are very useful 😊
Please, let me know if you want a fee or a small support for AtariTools-800 😉

Hi Andrea,

I sent to you (PM) a link to the file, say if any problem.

thanks for support, and yes, return for errors (lots of) is highly welcome.

Sure my new compiler is not free (RAD Delphi enterprise at $3000) but it's ok ;-) No fee for friends, thanks anyway.

By now I work more on DEXL and Atari ST/E projects with my friend Shadow but I will come back to AT800 and Phoenix (re-firbushed-again) soon.

glad to hear you, vi auguro una buona serata

Rudy

Edited by DearHorse
orthograph fault