IGNORED

Looking for Some 2732A Eprom's For My Indus GT

Paul Westphal

Hi Guys _ I'm looking for < some > 2732A Eproms.. does anyone have any of these they want to sell?

So far the last one I got was shorted out.

Once I get my 1.2 Best Electronics upgrade ROM burned, I planned on doing some extra's for other folks so they don't have to go to the soup nazi.

Shipping to 97215

Thanks Paul

• Haha 1

What is your programmer? 21V 2732's may be hit & miss with the popular TL866's.. the v1 claimed to be able to do 21V, but was really more like 16V, and the v2 doesn't claim to do 21V at all, so try to find 2732's that are 12.5V ideally, but I can't remember if this is even an option for 2732's a the moment.

With that said, I have successfully programmed 21V volt 2732's with the v1 TL866, but in some cases it took many passes & retries before the whole write succeeded with 0 bit mismatches, highly likely due to the borderline Vpp...

You might want to consider using a 2732 adapter board with a larger, more common EPROM like a 2764, with the added bonus of being able to switch between two different Indus GT ROMS - ie 1.2X patched, and a standard ROM that is still compatible with CP/M and 64K Super-Syncromesh upgrade. (I Don't think that 1.2X patched ROM is compatible with CP/M).

Such as this adapter, which you can wire to an external switch: https://store.go4retro.com/23xx-adapter/

If using a 2764 EPROM, you just program the two 4K ROM's one after the other, or repeat the same one twice to just use one OS, and use the adapter just to use an easier to acquire and program EPROM chip.

• 3 months later...