IGNORED

Working Title "CHAOS DOS"

Captain Cozmos

My box of PCB's came in, actually they are mini computers which is an ARM 600mhz which I intend to replace a few ADAM components to supe up the system.

This should work in conjunction with my DOS project.
Eventually when I get the whole thing working it should feed into the PHOENIX and other big surprises.

Everything is working smoothly.
As I reported on my personal page I updated the DOS again.
CD:A is now CD A: or just A:

I can read and write to all drives from the prompt.

I am working on the best way to display the directory with switches like /w for wide or /p for pause.
Once I get my HARD/FLASH drive working I will focus on directories plural.
If I can work out a way to have your roms inside a directory with some type of .exe wrapper I will work on that as well.
Just have everything boot directly from the hard drive as it would on an IBM PC.  Then control-C back to DOS.

There is a guy that runs a youtube channel called John's Basement.  Right now he started from scratch.  Z80 attached to a TMS9918
His latest video is where he is working out the 9918 and the timings involved to get it as fast as possible.
Apparently, around 4mhz is where things get corrupted so that blows an accelerator idea out the water.

In any case, still working.
Next video will be of DOS working on a real ADAM while access all the drives I have connected.  Which at present, 2 disk and 2 data.  I have not connected my IDE as of yet.

CC

Edited by Captain Cozmos

A quick update...
My laser cutter came in today so that is good news.
The board I am using will completely take over the ADAM and have a built in RTC, built in memory and access to the hard/flash drive.
I am working on a emulated 9938 with a 1080p video port.  You can connect a VP to HDMI cable for TV out.
All controlled through my DOS and be 100% compatible with all the old software.

20230126_160747.thumb.jpg.9511bcb413a4be2505344dfd2cf2dadf.jpg

I love laser etch challenge/collectors coins.

don't you?

Edited by Captain Cozmos

Can someone identify this Parallel card so I can create drivers for the DOS project.

20230205_190213.thumb.jpg.1e2253e9e4ac69ef8768e286d436ae13.jpg

BTW, I plan on selling all my extra cards and equipment.
IDE, Parallel, Mem expanders, maybe a couple of ADE's.

I no longer use any of the ADAM printers

I have all the parts but have not found time to convert the disk drives to GOTEK
My thing is that I do not know how to sell on EBay, I no longer use Paypal but all of this is down the road.

My excuse is I am getting older, my kids are not interested and I do not want all of this ending up at the recycle center if a true collector wants it.

Also, my wife is complaining because the storage room is cluttered with my Coleco collection.

16 hours ago, Captain Cozmos said:

Can someone identify this Parallel card so I can create drivers for the DOS project.

20230205_190213.thumb.jpg.1e2253e9e4ac69ef8768e286d436ae13.jpg

BTW, I plan on selling all my extra cards and equipment.
IDE, Parallel, Mem expanders, maybe a couple of ADE's.

I no longer use any of the ADAM printers

My thing is that I do not know how to sell on EBay, I no longer use Paypal but all of this is down the road.

The Parallel Interface Card looks like either the Orphanware PIA2 or a clone of it made and sold by E&T Software. A pic of the back might help. Either way, almost all of the Parallel Interfaces made for the ADAM use the same Port address and are compatible with one another as well as all the software that can use them to print to a Parallel Printer.

I stopped using eBay to sell a couple years ago and have used the AtariAge Buy & Sell Forum with good success and on occasion the CV & ADAM Facebook groups.