IGNORED

For me Xmas time must always include VCS gaming :)

oky2000

Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without some great VCS gaming happening, would feel like I haven't actually had an Xmas break. I should point out I didn't get a VCS console for Xmas so that's not the reason but the carts were so expensive I always asked for a big release for Xmas from 1980-1983 :)

Is this just a weird thing I have or do others feel the same?

• Like 2

THAT is a tradition worth adding into my holiday celebrations, especially since with all of my family passed I'm the only one around, and it's less expensive than Hulu, in fact I have been seriously considering not just postponing my subscription but perhaps canceling it altogether, no, not in favor of another service, but because I don't watch enough TV to even warrant having it in the first place. At least with Atari, you only pay ONCE (for the console, the ROMs for her are pretty much free right here on AA), period.

I also have enough DVDs in my lineup including ones transferred off of my old VHS movie and music video collections, plus downloaded videos stolen from YouTube/Dailymotion/Vimeo/etc. and tons of CDs and also other music transferred off of LPs and cassettes and other content stolen off of Spotify (using my vintage 2000 Sony MZ-R700 MiniDisc recording Walkman using the analog line out jack from my PC to the MD recorder's line input) as well, so who needs Hulu???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Playing video games in general during the holidays has always been a tradition for me because:

1. When it's cold and snowy out, there's not much to do so why not play some games with the extra time you got?

2. Getting friends together and playing video games is fun and entertaining because you aren't doing it by yourself!

3. Remembering those classic games you used to play as a kid is a great nostalgia trip!

I have fond memories of playing the Atari 2600 that I can still play on my Retron 77 or Atari Flashback. Now I even have those games on my Nintendo Switch! I also enjoy playing Intellivision, C64, and Sega Genesis games via emulation. So yes I have always felt that way!

• Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 4:14 PM, BIGHMW said:

THAT is a tradition worth adding into my holiday celebrations, especially since with all of my family passed I'm the only one around, and it's less expensive than Hulu, in fact I have been seriously considering not just postponing my subscription but perhaps canceling it altogether, no, not in favor of another service, but because I don't watch enough TV to even warrant having it in the first place. At least with Atari, you only pay ONCE (for the console, the ROMs for her are pretty much free right here on AA), period.

I also have enough DVDs in my lineup including ones transferred off of my old VHS movie and music video collections, plus downloaded videos stolen from YouTube/Dailymotion/Vimeo/etc. and tons of CDs and also other music transferred off of LPs and cassettes and other content stolen off of Spotify (using my vintage 2000 Sony MZ-R700 MiniDisc recording Walkman using the analog line out jack from my PC to the MD recorder's line input) as well, so who needs Hulu???

You should dress as TMI next Halloween.  

And yeah I used to live popping in the new cartridges on Christmas morning. I remember always being very excited to see what the title screens (on the 7800) would look like.

• Like 2