IGNORED

H: drive under MyDOS?

Steve Mynott

4 minutes ago, Steve Mynott said:

Oh it does work with the A option. I'm too used to using 1-8 and *

D'uh.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing at first too.

I went into BASIC and tried running and saving some files too (before I replied), which worked.

I figured everything should work, because it's DOS 2.x'ish, and I use that all the time.

• Like 1

H: is a totally indepentend device and is in no way influenced by MyDOS or any other DOS (exept SpartaDOS which might map H: to D8: internally).

So H: should work in any DOS, but might not be supported by menu driven utilities as the output-format of DIR "H1:*.*" might variate from Emulator to Emulator, and differ from DOS.

Edited by atarixle

16 hours ago, atarixle said:

H: is a totally indepentend device and is in no way influenced by MyDOS or any other DOS (exept SpartaDOS which might map H: to D8: internally).

So H: should work in any DOS, but might not be supported by menu driven utilities as the output-format of DIR "H1:*.*" might variate from Emulator to Emulator, and differ from DOS.

SpartaDOS doesn't use H: for the host drive, it uses the PCL: device via PCLINK.