IGNORED

L'Abbaye des morts

TIX

2 hours ago, Steril707 said:

@TIX

Are the assets of the game around at some of you guys??

I mean, if somebody else wants to have an attempt at getting this game done in the future.

Hey !

I can freely share all my graphic assets of Abbey, but only for use outside the A8 !

I still believe this port will get completed, we had longer periods of radio silence in the past  😉

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TIX said:

I still believe this port will get completed, we had longer periods of radio silence in the past  😉

I agree. It has had great momentum up till now so actually I am not too concerned that it won't see the light of day. Too much work from all parties involved has gone into it. I was just checking to see if there was any news generally. I am sure we'll hear something in the next few weeks, (fingers crossed). :) Just hope Fantomas os ok.

Along with Sweity's Doom engine, (as showcased in last Summer's Rewind demo), Great Giana sisters, MQ's Dude story, the much advertised Tony, and Shanti's gorgeous/promising Trax game, L'abbaye des morts is right up there with my list of A8 titles to see finished in 2023/24. 

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, some news.

After a long hiatus, I've recently resumed work on the "Abbaye des morts".

The last few weeks have mainly consisted of backporting TIX's excellent work for the 7800 version to the A8 version as best we could (the new dragon, for example, is stunning) and adding the hidden level and a cartridge start-up sequence.

This hidden level is a tribute to "the Hacker room" in the C64 version, and is therefore also a fast (parallax:) side-scrolling avoid'em-up:

image.gif.fcbc9a0c88a88af7fe0cb66fd037ecd0.gif

I'm not going to give a release date, but let's hope it's only a matter of weeks 🤞🙂

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

36 minutes ago, fantômas said:

Hey, some news.

The last few weeks have mainly consisted of backporting TIX's excellent work for the 7800 version to the A8 version as best we could (the new dragon, for example, is stunning) and adding the hidden level and a cartridge start-up sequence.

This hidden level is a tribute to "the Hacker room" in the C64 version, and is therefore also a fast (parallax:) side-scrolling avoid'em-up:

I'm not going to give a release date, but let's hope it's only a matter of weeks 🤞🙂

Great news, this has just made my day!! Welcome news. So looking forward to this. Amazing work. 😍👍

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2023 at 12:28 AM, fantômas said:

Hey, some news.

Wow, SO MUCH looking forward to that, so that's my happy news of the day, mate... :)

Welcome back...!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, JKK said:

Is there any chance to get any demo version (sure XL/XE) version? I wouldn't mind to show it on my small channel... :)

I'd hazzard a guess that because of the amount of work been put into this amazing version of the game, I'd image it will be released in it's entirety with no pre-release demo. So as to not spoil the launch. (I may be wrong of course and it's totally up to Fantomas so don't quote me on this). 

It's going to be worth the wait by all accounts. :)

• Like 6

• 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, TIX said:

Yeah, every delay is for the best !

this time it's on me 🙄

I'm already in the 3rd revision of the graphics !

Look on the bright side of your indecision. You already have graphic sets for part 2 and part 3 of this game :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5