IGNORED

Gotek 3D file for my Atari ST

macsonny

Hi All,

I have seen a few options of having a 3D plate mount printed for my Gotek so it will fit perfectly in my Atari ST. The version I need is per photo.

I'm not sure which 3D file I need. Any advice?

Also, any advice on a good 3D printing company that will ship to Australia. I've been using some local 3D printer companies but the quality of the print has been extremely poor.

Thanks

macsonny

IMG_1560.jpeg

On 12/27/2022 at 11:07 PM, macsonny said:

Hi All,

I have seen a few options of having a 3D plate mount printed for my Gotek so it will fit perfectly in my Atari ST. The version I need is per photo.

I'm not sure which 3D file I need. Any advice?

Also, any advice on a good 3D printing company that will ship to Australia. I've been using some local 3D printer companies but the quality of the print has been extremely poor.

Macsonny, I would suggest finding a local person offering 3D-printing services.  Facebook Marketplace and online classified sites often advertise these services and they show examples of items they have produced.

All they need is the .STL file and if your ST case is like the one above, you can download a ZIP file from here.  Just make sure it gets printed in PLA (not resin) in 0.1 mm layer height for best quality.  There is a PLA filament made by PrimaSelect called Moss Grey Matte that is a perfect colour match to the ST case.

Hope that helps.  I needed a few 3D prints for my TT030 projects and I ended up just buying my own 3D printer and it has more than payed for itself from printing I have done for other people.

1 hour ago, Atari8guy said:

Does anyone know if a bracket has been made for the long button models?  I tried searching thingiverse but wasn't able to find one...

Same here.  It took me 6 months of waiting to source a complete unit from https://centuriontech.eu/product/goex4st/

Better act fast - they have at least 1 of the long button units in stock.  I had to add a longer power cable to the ST, but the drive cable fit.  It also worked using my HxC floppy emu SD card with no mods.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Same here.  It took me 6 months of waiting to source a complete unit from https://centuriontech.eu/product/goex4st/

Better act fast - they have at least 1 of the long button units in stock.  I had to add a longer power cable to the ST, but the drive cable fit.  It also worked using my HxC floppy emu SD card with no mods.

Thanks!

You want to buy my existing gotek?  :P

5 minutes ago, Atari8guy said:

Thanks!

You want to buy my existing gotek?  :P

Sorry - no use for it.  I have my original uncased HxC from 2001ish, and just a few weeks ago got that Goex long button working in my 520.  I need to get the mini OLED screen - but not sure how / where to mount it.  The entire point of me getting that model was to not hack the original case for the ST.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

On 12/31/2022 at 5:35 AM, MasterMotorola said:

Macsonny, I would suggest finding a local person offering 3D-printing services.  Facebook Marketplace and online classified sites often advertise these services and they show examples of items they have produced.

All they need is the .STL file and if your ST case is like the one above, you can download a ZIP file from here.  Just make sure it gets printed in PLA (not resin) in 0.1 mm layer height for best quality.  There is a PLA filament made by PrimaSelect called Moss Grey Matte that is a perfect colour match to the ST case.

Hope that helps.  I needed a few 3D prints for my TT030 projects and I ended up just buying my own 3D printer and it has more than payed for itself from printing I have done for other people.

So I used the files you suppled and had them 3D printed via PCBWay. Generally happy with the quality but this 3D model doesn't work for the version of Gotek I have. I've attached a picture of my unit if that helps so still looking for the STL files for a short button ST that will fit my GoTek.

IMG_1652.jpeg

IMG_1653.jpeg

On 1/9/2023 at 2:11 AM, macsonny said:

Hi All,

So I used the files you suppled and had them 3D printed via PCBWay. Generally happy with the quality but this 3D model doesn't work for the version of Gotek I have. I've attached a picture of my unit if that helps so still looking for the STL files for a short button ST that will fit my GoTek.

The 3D file that I linked to looks like the below image.

2048469312_AtariSTGotekframebyMrLurch.thumb.png.6ea1086e474220672bd3310a49a559f8.png

I downloaded and imported it to check and it is the short button version.  I am not sure where the version you printed came from but the 3D-printing quality looks good.  Maybe someone here could use that version.

I have attached the printable STL file for the short button version.

Gotek_mount_Atari_ST_5.stl

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MasterMotorola said:

2048469312_AtariSTGotekframebyMrLurch.thumb.png.6ea1086e474220672bd3310a49a559f8.png

I downloaded and imported it to check and it is the short button version.  I am not sure where the version you printed came from but the 3D-printing quality looks good.  Maybe someone here could use that version.

Gotek_mount_Atari_ST_5.stl 1.94 MB · 0 downloads

Does a long button version exist?

On 1/11/2023 at 12:34 AM, MasterMotorola said:

Gotek_mount_Atari_ST_5.stl 1.94 MB · 1 download

SO I worked out the issue. The screen on my new GoTek is higher than the 3D model. Looks like I'll need to find a 0.91" smaller OLED display to use.