IGNORED

Good website for fault finding/repairing Woody/Vader consoles?

oky2000

Sadly I had to sell my mint in mint box 2600 light sixer over a decade ago (mortgage!) and was only left with a working Jr when I moved a while back. I've been putting up with this failing 2600jr which has no nostalgic memory in use for me and needs to be warmed up like some old British classic car for 5 minutes before you can use it in colour.

So I have a few consoles, a vader, light sixer and 4 switch woody. None of them work, I think all 3 are dead (my stuff has been packed away whilst repairing this house) but not sure. Now that I have a working PSU via the Jr I have a good place to start.

So really would appreciate some links to sites or videos covering the most common problems. Would like to get the six switch woody working as that's what I had and recently got a really lovely condition outer box and set of manuals/leaflets etc from a matching 1980 unit I had as a kid. Not sure 6 and 4 switch models are completely interchangeable either but that's all I have found so far. Even if I find one that does work by some miracle I'd still like to get another one working well with clean RF output in the future to use on the big CRT TV :)