IGNORED

Coleco Adam Serial Number List

Rastamafugg

Maybe I'm having a bad googling day, but I can't find a list of serial numbers for the Coleco Adam (Or Colecovision, for that matter, although I found an old forum link to a defunct Colecovision serial database).  Is there one out there somewhere that I'm just not finding, or even an explanation of the number sequence?  Mine is A8102735.  I expect A represents the factory and 81 might be the year of manufacture, meaning mine is the 2735 unit made in late 81, possibly?  That seems early, chronologically, though.

26 minutes ago, Rastamafugg said:

Maybe I'm having a bad googling day, but I can't find a list of serial numbers for the Coleco Adam (Or Colecovision, for that matter, although I found an old forum link to a defunct Colecovision serial database).  Is there one out there somewhere that I'm just not finding, or even an explanation of the number sequence?  Mine is A8102735.  I expect A represents the factory and 81 might be the year of manufacture, meaning mine is the 2735 unit made in late 81, possibly?  That seems early, chronologically, though.

A fellow coco user!  Awesome 

1672589708457649194288829690738.jpg

16725897221255198759513469531529.jpg

• Like 1

@rietveld Thanks! Looks like my guess at the serial number meaning was wrong about the year.  I'll have to take a look at the dates on the chips when I open it up for some maintenance to figure out when mine was made.

That's an impressive Coco collection! You've got a lot of interesting peripherals hiding in the corners of those pics, too. And a good collection of Ataris and other systems off to the side! That first picture is pretty much my first two computers growing up.  Radio Shack was right next to the arcade in the mall, so I spent a lot of time there when my mom or dad went shopping.

• 8 months later...