IGNORED

Retropie on the VCS

Dadisajoke

Hi everyone,

I'm sort of new to Atari Age, but been very active at the Atari VCS discord server. After following all of the VCS PC-Mode talk I was inspired to create an image file that can be burned to a USB key. With this image you can tell the VCS to boot from USB and it boots into Retropie, using Linux Mint as the backbone. 

I have created images for 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB USB keys. Also with the 128GB I recommend using an external USB SSD. The 32GB image is a very basic install of retropie, the 64GB and the 128GB have all the bells and whistles installed and preconfigured.

I have more information about this on my blog. https://dadisajoke.com/blog/f/play-retro-games-on-any-pc

So if you are interested, I will post the torrent files here.

AVCS Retropie 32GB ISO.rar.torrent AVCS Retropie 64GB ISO.rar.torrent Dadisajoke Retro Power SSD.rar.torrent

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!  I was wondering when someone will make a RetroPie image for the VCS.

The only barrier to using the "official" ones is the Secure Boot which requires a keyboard & password to turn off, not exactly idea for living room users.  Linux Mint and other Ubuntu based distros will work with Secure Boot so it's just a matter of using them as a basis for a flash drive boot disk.

And welcome to AA... :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I just started looking into this myself, as I wanted to see how VCs would run harder systems for a Pi to emulate, such as N64 and Dreamcast. In the end, I decided to just run Batocera from a USB instead of RetroPie over another Linux OS. Is there any specific reason you opted for RetroPie? I am a fan, but I've really only used it on Pi hardware due to limitations, whereas I can run Batocera on my smart fridge.

• 4 months later...