IGNORED

What are the best shoot em up games in ST?

doncleth

Xenon 1 is good fun... And I remember that I really liked Sidewinder. Probably because you could change the graphics in this game. And I turned all the enemy sprites into Commodore items, like Amiga Balls, Commodore logos etc :D

And lets not forget Plutos... pretty miserable graphics, but brilliant game play. And it supported 2 players simultaneously...

And lets not forget Plutos... pretty miserable graphics, but brilliant game play. And it supported 2 players simultaneously...

I enjoyed Plutos also, but I only had the demo of it. Never knew it supported 2 players simultaneously.

Another game that you could play two players simultaneously was Blood Money!

Another good shooter, from Psygnosis.

The premise of money falling out of the enemies after you destroyed them was brilliant.

Ofcourse wings of death and Lethal Xcess are the best vertical shooters. Xenon 2 obviously is a great one as well.

I always liked return to genessis. Can't remember much of the game itself but the music + the sampled "Return to genessis"voice is just unforgetable.

Dogs of war is a nice shooter. TNT was pretty great for it's days. Leaving terramis is a good one as well.

Don't forget Stardust wich is a great astroids like game

Anyone played Stargoose?  How is it?

Yeah I played it back in the days. It had nice graphics and was pretty weird. It had some sort of isometric 3D landscape if I remember correctly. But I lost interest in it pretty quickly.

• 7 months later...

Is it me or Gradius never got released for any Atari machine ?...

It was available for the C64 and even the Sinclair Spectrum but I've never seen a version for the Atari ST, or 800 xl ... especially as Konami games were released for the Atari 2600 (pooyan, Marine Wars, Strategy X)

do you know why ?

• 1 month later...

Ah man, I played this one old school game a while back on the ST/Ste called "Frantick" and at first I was like, what the... and then several hours later I'm downing cokes, eating pizza trying to finish this thing and then it happend, I finished it and saw a picture of the designer of the game at the end!!! I'm like, jeesh what an ugly mug!!! :)

Ah man, I played this one old school game a while back on the ST/Ste called "Frantick" and at first I was like, what the... and then several hours later I'm downing cokes, eating pizza trying to finish this thing and then it happend,  I finished it and saw a picture of the designer of the game at the end!!! I'm like, jeesh what an ugly mug!!!  :)

;)

Frantick IS good. I just never had the $$$ to register it back in the day...

I also suggest people check out the other games by the author... His conversion of Berzerk is VERY good..

I wonder who wrote those? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My all time favourite (Car)-shooter is Overlander :love:

Han wrote:

Inky wrote:  

Anyone played Stargoose? How is it?  

Yeah I played it back in the days. It had nice graphics and was pretty weird. It had some sort of isometric 3D landscape if I remember correctly. But I lost interest in it pretty quickly.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts/experience with it

My all time favourite (Car)-shooter is Overlander  :love:  

Han wrote:

Inky wrote:  

Anyone played Stargoose? How is it?  

That pretty much sums up my thoughts/experience with it

Yeah, I really wanted to like the game.. but there was nothing to hold your interest... apart from the initial weirdness :D

• 2 months later...