IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

6 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

What is "f*cking"?  Why are grown adults censoring themselves, when it is perfectly clear what words they are using? 😠  This is the dumbest, fifth-grade bullshit.

True, but I still agree with the message in the image.

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 1

Time to update our ti99 version. Flappy bird is back.

Flappy Bird®, the iconic mobile gaming classic enjoyed by more than 100 million people, officially returns after flying the coop more than a decade ago. Flappy Bird will return to a variety of platforms, including web browsers and new dedicated apps planned in 2025 for iOS and Android, with other platforms to be announced.

Often imitated but never duplicated, Flappy Bird’s return is spearheaded by the Flappy Bird Foundation, a new team of passionate fans committed to sharing the game with the world.

The Flappy Bird Foundation Group and affiliates have acquired the official Flappy Bird trademark rights from Gametech Holdings LLC, along with the rights for the original game and character Piou Piou vs. Cactus, the mobile title that has long been credited as originally inspiring the iconic bird.

“It’s been a decade-long, convoluted journey to get here, but we’re so excited to finally begin sharing Flappy Bird once again with the world,” said a spokesperson for the Flappy Bird Foundation. Michael Roberts, the chief creative behind Flappy Bird’s return, added, “We are beyond excited to be bringing back Flappy Bird and delivering a fresh experience that will keep players engaged for years to come. We have big plans for our little Bird!”

Kek, the developer of Piou Piou and founding team member, explained, “Today is a milestone not just in gaming but for me personally. It’s so cool to see how influential Piou Piou has been for developers and hundreds of millions of gamers over the years. It’s incredible to work alongside such a dedicated team of fans and creators who are truly passionate about changing the industry narrative and together bringing the original Flappy Bird back to life.”

Planned future releases, including desktop and mobile web browser, and native app versions on iOS and Android are scheduled for 2025.

The upcoming expanded Flappy Bird releases will debut new game modes, characters, progression, and massive multiplayer challenges for the world to flap together—with the Flappy Bird Foundation team set to revamp the game’s ecosystem while maintaining the familiarity of the game design that was enjoyed globally.

Edited by Gary from OPA
added press release
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, dhe said:

As I watch my packages zoom from location to location, I found this:

https://www.govexec.com/management/2024/02/usps-institutes-network-reforms-mail-delivery-hits-three-year-low/394388/

As I read this, I'm sure, that if USPS was a private company, they would be deader than Sears Roebuck.

Canadian Govt. been thinking of dumping our Canada Post totally, if that happens the only way to get international mail will be via private couriers.

If you were hoping to keep the look and feel of your windows 10, as you hate the way windows 11 is, too bad....

As Microsoft is now backporting their win11 user interface changes to your beloved win10...

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2456183/this-windows-11-start-menu-change-is-now-coming-to-windows-10.html

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

If you were hoping to keep the look and feel of your windows 10, as you hate the way windows 11 is, too bad....

As Microsoft is now backporting their win11 user interface changes to your beloved win10...

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2456183/this-windows-11-start-menu-change-is-now-coming-to-windows-10.html

YOU WILL COMPLY!!

https://open-shell.github.io/Open-Shell-Menu/

Or my favorite:

https://www.gpsoft.com.au/ (Directory Opus)

• Like 1

While setting up my replacement firewall, I figured out that by some quirk of how CenturyLink routes my static IP address, I actually have three (maybe four, I have not yet tested,) static IP addresses available for my use.  This comes in extremely handy.

• Like 1