IGNORED

Will the Harmony Encore work on a Retron77? And if so, does she play all games?

BIGHMW

The Retron has its own micro SD slot, so there's no reason to use a Harmony Cart. If you upgrade the firmware to the latest version of the community build, it will play ARM-based games from the SD card, but not from the cartridges. The cartridge slot on the R77 is pretty limited. It's best to ignore it and play games from the SD. Don't think of the R77 as an Atari compatible console. Think of it as a little box that lets you play Stella on your HDTV.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

The Retron has its own micro SD slot, so there's no reason to use a Harmony Cart.

I think the reason for he was looking into the Harmony cart is to get around the forced limited slots allowed for games for copyright protection on the stock Retron.

Maybe there is a custom firmware that can be installed that removes this limitation?

Danke @Thomas Jentzsch, will this mean I can run just about anything on a R77 or should I just get my 7800 fixed and run 2600 games off it through my Harmony Encore for guaranteed maximum controller/cartridge compatibility?

BTW, as to me replying with "Danke" as opposed to "thanks", I, at one time, before becoming a Gooner, moonlighted as a VfL Wolfsburg fan (they're owned by VW and I owned a 1999 Beetle at that time and had a 98-99 Wolfsburg Jersey I picked up on eBay and found out about them after that) for 4 seasons and streamed their matches via pirated feeds off Sky Deutschland (yes, in German at that!) before my old desktop picked up a virus when trying to clear an unwanted popup on Matchday 1 away to Hannover 86 In 2013-14, and also, one of my all time favorite bands is RAMMS+EIN!!! so yes I did pick up some German after first hearing Rammstein in 1998 (yes "Du Hast" got my foot through the door I also had a TON of Rammstein bootlegs as well almost all of their singles,  many of them i had imported, I still have their full albums and 2 compilations of some one-offs on MiniDisc burned to CD-R except "Zeit" the new one, I'll pick that up soon) but have lost a bit of it since then.