IGNORED

FS: Atari 520STFM

Inky

Ouch, I was just about to ask Inky about it, but Albert's ominous warnings DID scare me off. *heh*

The mouse port just needs a bit of soldering. The floppy drive... Well, I actually tested it about 2 weeks ago, and it seemed to work fine, so I'm not 100% sure if it does indeed destroy the floppies, or if the DD floppy disks are fragile, and lose data easily.

All I know is that I need to get rid of it. :)

Why don't you attend the next meeting of SCAT -- it's this Saturday! -- and ask one of the guys for a spare drive? They have tons of spare parts sitting around.  :)

If I can't sell it, maybe the SCAT guys would take it off of my hands.

Over the summer, I was looking at possibly repairing the 520, which I have had since -- Geeze, I think since '88 -- but then a 1040 STE came up on Ebay for reasonable, so I snagged that one instead.

I think I will contact them to see if they have the floppy I need (the one with the big bar on the bottom). I was going to originally order one from Best, but them things is expensive!

I've known people who will take the drive out of an external and put it as the internal drive on the ST. External drives usually are much cheaper than buying another internal one.

Might involve cutting the case some if you can't match up buttons.

Mendon

I've known people who will take the drive out of an external and put it as the internal drive on the ST. External drives usually are much cheaper than buying another internal one.

Might involve cutting the case some if you can't match up buttons.

Mendon

I do have an external drive, but it's not an atari brand, and I'd hate to part with it.