IGNORED

Where is the FujiNet flash for noobs topic?

Frankie

My FujiNet works fine, but the firmware is over a year old. I have tried reading the wiki, but it seems to skip right past the part where it tells you what you connect to where. Does the fujiNet need to be connected and powered to the Atari? Or do I just connect it with a USB cable? My PC doesn't seem to recognize any device being connected. No Windows beep-boop. I tried installing the drivers that were in the link but that didn't  change anything. The serial debug output says No serial port found! I'm running windows 10. 

Can anyone help? Is there a mode I need to switch my Fujinet in to update it?

image.thumb.png.261e8e10316ac417140f76eb65aab1c9.png

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

My FujiNet works fine, but the firmware is over a year old. I have tried reading the wiki, but it seems to skip right past the part where it tells you what you connect to where. Does the fujiNet need to be connected and powered to the Atari? Or do I just connect it with a USB cable? My PC doesn't seem to recognize any device being connected. No Windows beep-boop. I tried installing the drivers that were in the link but that didn't  change anything. The serial debug output says No serial port found! I'm running windows 10. 

Can anyone help? Is there a mode I need to switch my Fujinet in to update it?

Yes. There is no special mode. As an example, I always power my Fujinet from a dedicated USB PSU with a standard USB A to MicroUSB cable plugged into the Fujinet. To flash the Fujinet I power everything down and isolate the Fujinet from the Atari. I then transfer the USB A plug to the PC that I am using to run the Fujinet Flasher program. This will re-power the Fujinet from the PC USB data port and, as you have installed the UART virtual com port driver, the Serial port number configured by the UART driver should then be selected from within the Fujinet Flasher. Together with the correct Platform Firmware Selection, you should be away.

Edited by TZJB