IGNORED

Summer Carnival '92: Recca

You've  chosen wisely.   That along with Crisis Force are two games on the Famicom that still kind of surprise me even exist and work so well on the hardware too.   I'd love a real cart, but yeah...multicart or bootleg makes sense given the scummy rates, which makes me really happy I do own Crisis Force and even have the manual too which is nice to see.  You might want to look into it, it's bordering on PC Engine quality shooter release with the insane effects it does.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/9/2023 at 5:58 AM, Trinity said:

After watching a few reviews on Youtube I decided to buy a repro of this game from Ebay. Can't wait for it to get here! Looks like fun!:cool: Anyone else here like this game? Anyone own the real cartridge?

Just caught this, but late AF, lol. Anyways, Carnival '92 is on my most played multi-cart, an old 150-in-1, my "shooter cart". Neat thing with this one, is it gives you thumbnails of screenshots, as you scroll the menu. Best $10 bucks I ever gambled on one of those. :)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Wow an older multi with screen captures of each title?  Nice.

It has the battery deal, but I've yet to figure out which games, if any, use it. It's still available today, just without the battery.  Notables on it for me, Parodious, 1942, 1943, Gun Nac in English, Macross, Twin Cobra, Summer Carnival '92, Samurai Pizza Cats,  half of the Twin Bee games, Capt America, YS Tank, and others.

16869425429797944818365043961085.jpg

• Like 2

Ahh the classic 150in1.  I had considered it for awhile and never did, and you're right perhaps as I don't remember what battery titles it would have.  Looking at the fantastic 253 I have it's shocking that to me with the bangers it has of the high dollar stuff why the hell it would be lacking Gun Nac and Recca, the pizza cats too among others.  And writing others it bugged me so I went and found a list so I can add Adventure Island 4, the 2 GI Joe games, Kick Master, Power Blade 2, Monster in my Pocket, Ghostbusters 2, Panic Restaurant, and Mitsume ga Tooru which supremely make this a worthwhile buy.

And the lame battery nuking problem only would be if you had one badly coded to check for SRM (like SMB3 oddly does) because only KIRBYS ADVENTURE uses the battery on that one.  I'd never, I have an original cart.  I may just have to troll ebay or whatever and order a cart as they're older and cheap now.

But I think maybe my 154in1 the Famicom Mega Remix 1+2 cart had those games already on it, maybe some aren't in english, I'd have to check it out first to be sure.  I know recca isn't on it though. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Ahh the classic 150in1.  I had considered it for awhile and never did, and you're right perhaps as I don't remember what battery titles it would have.  Looking at the fantastic 253 I have it's shocking that to me with the bangers it has of the high dollar stuff why the hell it would be lacking Gun Nac and Recca, the pizza cats too among others.  And writing others it bugged me so I went and found a list so I can add Adventure Island 4, the 2 GI Joe games, Kick Master, Power Blade 2, Monster in my Pocket, Ghostbusters 2, Panic Restaurant, and Mitsume ga Tooru which supremely make this a worthwhile buy.

And the lame battery nuking problem only would be if you had one badly coded to check for SRM (like SMB3 oddly does) because only KIRBYS ADVENTURE uses the battery on that one.  I'd never, I have an original cart.  I may just have to troll ebay or whatever and order a cart as they're older and cheap now.

But I think maybe my 154in1 the Famicom Mega Remix 1+2 cart had those games already on it, maybe some aren't in english, I'd have to check it out first to be sure.  I know recca isn't on it though. 

I'd suggest the sequel to my 852 forever duo, the forever 509. It's loaded with classics, and a heavy selection from say '95-2020. Gun Nac is not in English, but plays fine, and recca is there, also the R-Type conversion of Magic dragon. Only downer to it, is it flash saves 1 only, at a time. Technically, it'd be Forever Games III. Some of the games are fixed, such as the text glitch in most 1942 multicart roms. The 154 Remix is just 3/4 of both the old 143, and 150, with a sprinkling from the 153. Though it does have FF3, which the 'good ones" lack. FF2 is one I'd trade away in a minute, lol.  Even the 253 put in Princess Tomato, but left off FF3. What I like about the old 150, mainly is it adds many of the missing stuff to many other carts. It's also only like 11-13 bucks. The Samurai Pizza Cats on it, is listed as Ninja Cat, and missing some of the intro. Another perk for me, is it has Spartan X, the version of "Kung-Fu", that I can get to 2nd floor on. Yes, I'm that bad...  I was just playing Thundercade on it tonight with Nug. Skip the 395 or 1Up carts, as that's just the Forever games 405, with a 10 game trim. I have that one for the kids to play with, when they're here.

Those new design flash save carts- 239, 249, 253, work like magic. However, the older cart designs that got converted to flash, still work the same, sans battery. There's also issues with the conversion models, on some clones, that don't occur with the original battery setup. YMMV... 

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I own a repro cart of Recca. Fun game (IMO) but not for the faint of heart XD The first loop ain't that hard once You memorize it but good #*@$!%? luck with the second loop. That second loop is one of the hardest achivements to obtain on NES, and i Say this as someone who has finished NES Battletoads multiple times. It's doable but requieres a lot of patience and sheer force of will.

Edited by KidGameR186496
  • Like 1