IGNORED

How to connect a vintage Philips tv to Atari 2600 (1978)?

Laratari

Hello to everyone!
I want to connect my Philips tv 12B611 from 1976 to my atari 2600 from the 70’s that works flawlessly. When I turn the tv on, connect the antenna plug from the atari to the tv, nothing happens. Only “snow” on the screen. I can press some buttons to fix channels (that I can’t change there values) but no one recognises the atari signal.

any idea what I can do? There is no channel scanner on the tv.

im really frustrated….

Thanks!

Edited by Laratari

It is very important to specify where you are located, as different countries used different TV systems and connections.

After a quick search, I found a match for that model and  it appears that your TV is PAL, so I assume you're in Europe.

5 hours ago, Laratari said:

I can press some buttons to fix channels (that I can’t change there values) but no one recognises the atari signal.

any idea what I can do? There is no channel scanner on the tv.

The front buttons are presets. You can tune each of them to a specific channel using the trimmers and switches on the side of the TV.

IMG_4513.thumb.jpg.8a15cf2d517010c5eb508f7fa0bd6396.jpg

The white switches below each trimmer select the band. If you're in mainland Europe, your console should be in "PAL-B" standard and output on channel VHF 3 or 4. Set the white switch to band "I" and tune the trimmer (with the console powered on and a cartridge inserted) corresponding to the preset you're using until you find the channel.

If you're in UK or Ireland, then your console should be in "PAL-I" standard and outputs on channel UHF 36. In that case set the white switch to "UHF" band.

Edited by alex_79
  • Like 2