IGNORED

My new Coleco cart pcb with * Rgb led !

MrDave

The led has it's colors tied to the diffrent rom banks so the colors change automatically as you play.. flash diffrent when you score or die... changes hue as you progress in the game.

Works best on 24k and up games..here i used it on my 1k test program but forced bank switching as i pressed the keypad.

I have a bunch of these pcb's if anyone wants one.. they can be used without the led and do not require a gal chip  ,,just a and gate and 64k eprom.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, evg2000 said:

just remember if you use a color led as part of the game play you make it difficult for colorblind people

The Color is not really important..just the effect of it flashing if you are getting hit or low on fuel..or missle lock on...but that would be sonething to consider..

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 2/12/2023 at 9:01 PM, fdr4prez said:

Or make it difficult for emulators 

That could be an advantage of physical media, and the game could still be played in emulators without the LED.

• 1 month later...

With the female receptacle of the screw hole might be too thin. printed a bunch of similar designs and found once you screw the cart together they tend to crack.

be curious if it is strong or not. I had to bulk up the receptical more like the example below.

image.png.57ba8e0cb2c745d54400239b81536b8f.png